Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Prophet


I am so saddened by the passing of our beloved prophet, Gordon B Hinckley. I am sad for the world but not for him. I know some of his grandchildren, I went to school with them and had one of them in my ward for awhile, I am thinking of them today, it is really hard to lose your grandpa. For now I know he is rejoicing with his beloved wife. That was my first thought after I found out. The celebrations and joy they must be experiencing as they all meet again. I loved his sense of humor and clear precise way of speaking and telling us what Heavenly Father wanted from us. He inspired me to be a much better person and I devoured his talks and listened most intently to his words at conference. I did not know him, but my grandpa Lawrence grew up accross the street from him and used to call him "Gordo", I also was blessed to see him randomly throughout my life. The most recent was when he came to his great granddaughter's baby blessing in our ward. It was so amazing to feel his spirit in the room, I feel blessed to have been so close to him recently. I am so grateful that he was our prophet, he has meant a lot to me in my life and has really strengthen my testimony.

4 comments:

Nik English said...

Great man!

Mimi said...

I will miss him.

WonderKitty said...

President Hinckley is the only Prophet I have known. I know he will be missed, but I know that the new President Monson will be equally amazing.

Diana said...

I love President Hinckley and will miss him.
Sorry I've been absent in the blogging world for awhile.
Sharon told me about Sofia. You are in my prayers. I hope things are going better.