Monday, January 28, 2008

One Month and a New Beginning


Sofia is one month old today. This month really has been a whirlwind of craziness although it also has been quite lovely. I have learned so much about myself and my limits as a woman and a mother. I have been stretched physically, spiritually and emotionally to heights I could not foresee. It seems since Sept. we have had one thing after another. Where our family has one emergency or need followed by another. I am tired of being needy. My mom pointed out that it gives people the oppurtunity to serve and the people who love us don't mind being there for us. And they all need blessings also.

Sofia Caroline is so beautiful. I love her sweetness and how she brought some girly into our house. She is a fighter and lets you know when something displeases her. She does calm down quickly when things go her way or she knows it is coming. She loves her ducky swing, which helps Mom get at least 10 min to get something done. She loves cuddling and being really close to people. I love watching Noah learn how to share and learn how to love. He already teases her and he takes his big brother responsibility very seriously. I can really count on him to help out.

Kersten started a new job today. This is one of our many abundant blessings. He is working ironicly for the same company he worked for when we first got married. This job will make it so if we are really careful, I can stay home with our children. He had a great day. And even said like it felt like coming home, There are a lot of people he still knew and the building is the same. One of his best friends that he met there, also started working there again a couple of months ago, so it was really fun. I am so excited for him and this new challenge. I know it is going to be awesome. Thanks honey for always taking such good care of us. I love living this crazy life with you.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

She is so beautiful! I am so excited that Kersten's job is going so well. Yeah!!!!

Erin said...

She is beautiful. What a sweet girl. And I hope Kersten enjoys his job. Is Noah still enjoying big brotherhood?

Nik English said...

I love that pic

Amelia said...

HI Lou, I'm glad you found my blog! I'm so glad that your little one is home, and doing better. I heard that RSV was making the rounds within your family, (mine too, thankfully keeping Oliver quarantined kept it away from our house!) I nearly threw up seeing the pic of Sofia in that cage they call a hospital crib, with the nasal cannula. Been there, done that, my friend. But I didn't also have a child at home, so bless your heart for making it through all that in one piece.

WonderKitty said...

It was great to talk to you last night Lou! I was really going through withdrawls. Dont' let it happen again! ;) I am glad that eveything is ok. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Carrie said...

She is so adorable, and she's grown since I saw her last. What a cutie. I'm so glad things are better.