Sunday, January 20, 2008

Grateful Sunday 1-20-08



This picture shows so much of my life right now and what I have to be grateful for. And it is a little fuzzy, just like life seems right now. I walk around surviving and healing, knowing this is not forever. First of all look at that hot Husband of mine. He looks so good with that sweet babySofia snuggled up so close and cherishing his babe. Can you believe that she was 3 weeks on friday. And look in the background there is a boy called Noah that is full of life and fun. He really is the sweetest boy, He got really sick this week, they thought it was RSV but it was NOT, thank goodness. He has been so miserable that I just want to take it away. He has still been pretty good just a bit whiny. I have worried about the babe and so has our pediatrician, Dr. Katie who has the perfect bedside manner for my parenting style. And who gives some parents her pager so we can talk to her and not her nurse. Hooray! Love this lady.

In the background of this pic you can see a ton of laundry, which seems to have grown 5 times instead of just by one tiny little person. My Mom has been so amazing. She has helped with so much of this laundry. Kersten has also been on top of it. She took me to all my doctors this week and to Noah's appt. She has sacrificed so much of her time to help me out. I have cried and cried to her these past weeks and sometimes even been snippy and irritated at her. And she has loved me through it all. I also have great and amazing Sisters who helped me take down my Christmas tree. bathe my sweet baby for I can not bend over with and open wound, Fold my mounds of laundry. kidnapped me to take me shopping and bought me the new Anita book (heaven to read something frivilous today), came to hold and adore my sweet baby and exclaim over and over again that she has perfect features everywhere and is the prettiest baby around, (mom's could talk all day about their babies) and who also randomly just stops in for lunch so I feel connected to the adult outside world. How lucky am I to have such sisters. Also for a Bro that brings rock band over to entertain my boys while me and Sofia sleep. And who call me to make sure I am surviving. For In-laws who make delicious meals and can't get enough of this beautiful girl and have to visit the minute they get back from Mexico and who let Noah play and be so spoiled by them.

Life is hectic and a little over much,it is nice to have Dr. K exclaim "Wow, you have been through a lot this month," Let's make it better. Oh I have so many blessings interwoven in the crazy loveliness. How often do you just get to hold your children and not have one reason to feel guilty about doing just that all day.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your phrase "crazy lovlieness". You are the great Lou, and you deserve every one of you blessings. I love ya!

Alicia said...

I love this entry. You are such a wonderful and loving mommy. I'm so glad that you got the new book!

WonderKitty said...

You have had an amazing life Lou. And those people you mentioned are more than happy to be a part of it in any way they can. Love you!

Erin said...

This is a very nice entry. When we step back and realize all of the people who bless us in our lives, it makes us appreciate them so much more. Good for you!

Nik English said...

Rock Band Rocks and Noah Rocks at it!

Anonymous said...

Laurie - You have to know that you are the blessing to all of us. You always bring so much delight to our lives. And the latest is this beautiful baby, Sophia, and the awesome way your family is connecting. Kersten deserves a big daddy award - he has been so amazing. And Noah deserves an amazing big brother award. Love you all!!