Friday, January 04, 2008

Brothers with their New Baby Sisters


Noah Lawrence and Sofia Caroline
Yesterday was the first day that Noah actually asked to hold Sofia. He even told her that he loved Shaak-Ti. He really is an amazing Big Brother. He has been really cautious around her. I don't know exactly how he feels about having her around all the time. It has been great for him so far. With the holidays and Dad at home, he has been having a party. He has been playing at Grandma's, sleeping over with Ginny and genuinely having a great time.

He likes to climb on the chair where I am feeding Sofia and sit next to us and rub her hair and laugh at her. The first time he did this he look at me and pointed down and said "Oh mom, Ow Ow on you" and I said "no it is not Ow" He said "But, Teeth ow, chomp chomp". So I explained that babies don't have teeth and that is why Heavenly father made it so that mommies could feed their babies. He had to examine inside her mouth and now each time I feed her. He says. "No Ow, No teeth". I think it is really smart that he even thought of that. He also likes to play with her hands and fingers. He will just sit and stroke them and make sign language signs with them and show me. She just puts up with it. Sofia always has her hands near her face and one way to center her is to hold her hand. Noah always makes a baby voice when he talks to her or about her things. We will see how things go when reality hits after daddy goes back to work. But he has been a trooper so far.

He likes to study and count all of her parts. She has two "boo boo ful" eyes, two ears, one cute baby nose and 10 fingers and toes. She actually has really dainty long fingers and long toes. He will sit by her cradle and talk and sing to her. He is realy cute with her. I am so glad that so far they get along.

Pal the Dog and Rosie
This is Noah's best Friend Pal the Dog, he has a new baby sister and her name is Rosie. Rosie also was at the hospital when Sofia came. Noah let her come home a day early. Pal and Rosie really love each other. They give each other lick kisses, their favorite thing to do is to wrestle each other all over Noah's bed. They both love to bark and squeeze the pudding out of each other. Now, Pal and Rosie have to sleep with Noah. Rosie sometimes gets the honor of hanging out with Sofia but only as a special treat when she has made good choice.

So far so good with these New Big Brothers, Their baby sisters are really lucky to have them.

9 comments:

Nik English said...

Noah is such a funny kid. I am glad he is coping well!

Erin said...

I'm glad things are going so well for Noah! I hope the transition is easy. It sounds like he is a great big brother. Sofia will always appreciate having a big brother to take care of her!

Reluctant Nomad said...

no owies. yet.

emily said...

What a beautiful blog! I love how you describe his care for her. Makes me tear up. Love that top picture too, she looks like she's smiling. What a great big brother!

Alicia said...

They are so beautiful together. I hope Al takes some awesome pics of them.

WonderKitty said...

You are such a wonderful mom Lou! Only such a wonderful mom could create such wonderful children! Noah loves his little sister and he will be a great big brother, even if it takes a little while.

Anonymous said...

In my life it was sisters and their baby brother and he is still so loved by his big sisters. When the baby sister came along, he was the protector and adored and loved her. "Noah and Sophia" what a great movie. So happy I'm here to watch it unfold. Love you all.

Mimi said...

I love those kids I must get rid of my haunted leg so I can come kiss them

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Noah is such a good big brother. I can't wait to come see you and say hi!! I am sad I haven't been able to yet!