Friday, December 21, 2007

More Random Pregnancy Facts


Here are the remainder of my random Pregnancy facts as of today I am 36 weeks and 3 days and she is measuring right on as of Wednesday Dec 19th

-I have gained 30 lbs so far

Appts-I don't know if I really want to figure this out, for it might be a bit depressing realizing that I do actually live at the doctor. Okay, so far 53 times at the doc. I counted the ones I already have scheduled next week.

Food-The most consistent foods I want to eat are dairy products, mostly ice cream, milk and yogurt. I crave fried foods, which is so not good. I have stopped watching shows like "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" on food network because I always want fried zucchini sticks afterwards. So I just avoid the temptation now.
I still have my weird thing about not wanting to eat anything very often. Today I found out and realized I am dehydrated which cannot be a good thing. So I need to step up the fluids big time before she comes and continue after for breastfeeding.

-On Wed, they did another 3D ultrasound and she looks a lot like her Daddy, at least what we can tell from the distorted images it creates. She has a cute little nose and still that chin just gets to me. It will be such a pleasure to see what she really looks like with all the speculation.

Names-Still not totally set on any name or even names. We do know what we like as a middle name but it could change to the first name, who knows. We have a list and will just have to see what she looks like when she arrives. So it will be a fun surprise for us as well as everyone.

My feet started swelling at 22 weeks and are now in a state of perpetual swelling. I used to be able to get them to go down by elevating them for awhile or sleeping. Well no more. It will be nice to have ankles again. I am just at that large, awkward phase, You know you look uncomfortable when an older lady at the grocery store looks at you like she is in pain and uncomfortable just thinking about what you are doing.

They wanted to take her today. Luckily, they took pity on me and decided to have me do more intensive testing tommrow and Mon and keep it the same unless these tests say otherwise. The fun thing was the doc I had with Noah, Dr. Draper was on call today. He just barely started working at this hospital. It was such a fun surprise. He came and sat and chatted with me while I had my NST. It was such a cool thing to see him here at the end of my second pregnancy. If she for some reason comes on the 26th he is the doc that night and would make sure he is in the OR. He is also going to come peek at my baby after she comes. Noah was a bit shy with him. He read over my chart and set up all the stuff for the next couple days of tests. So I know I was taken care of and watched out for today.

I am actually really trying to treasure each moment of this pregnancy. It is my last, for sure. I really have loved helping in creating these beautiful children and feel awed by the responsibility that Heavenly Father has given me. With our crazy life the past 4 1/2 months, I told Kersten I felt bad that I really tried to cherish the beautiful parts of pregnancy but I really don't think I was able to relish it. He made a good comment, that if we did try for a 3rd it would be even more difficult to cherish it with the added responsibility of 2 kids not just one. There is nothing like feeling your baby move inside you. You do learn so much about their personality just by being so close with their spirit. I really never thought I would have this oppurtunity and KNOW that it is a true miracle that I have carried and conceived these children.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe they wanted her to come yesterday...CRAZY! I'm just so glad that so far you are both doing well. I am so proud of you and Kersten. Noah and S.T. are so lucky :). Love you bunches!

WonderKitty said...

I think you will remember a lot more about this pregnancy later, when you are experiencing her as a new baby. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Carrie said...

You are such an amazing woman! I hope that she's still good on Monday and you can have your after Christmas wish. On the pregnancy thing, I think it gets harder to enjoy with each subsequent kid so I'm impressed you enjoyed it as much as you have. Besides looking back it's always a lot easier to enjoy things. Oh! I'm so excited for you! And so glad we'll be here when she comes!

Anonymous said...

It was fun to talk to you today. I love you and can't wait to see you and your sweet angel baby!

Erin said...

Isn't it crazy the things we do to have babies! I look at what you are going through and I am just in awe. And, of course, they are totally worth it, aren't they? I'm thinking about you this week, and hope things are going well.