Sunday, December 16, 2007

Update: warning might be a little long

Sorry, I have not posted in days. A lot has been happening around here so I will be updating you all here for now. Warning: very long winded and long post. So, First here is an updated pic of my sweetest boy, Noah in his Sunday finest today. He had 2 penguins on his vest and had to take penguin books to look at in church. He is being so fantastic and snuggly. I feel he knows I need him to make good choices and help me. I really am a very lucky mom.

So now for our week, Tuesday Night my ward threw us a baby shower for Shaak-Ti. It was so fun and everyone was so generous. It was at this house that was decorated so darling and different. It was just fun to be there. All these cute old ladies knitted and crochet some beautiful blankets. I have missed talking and being around women since being on bedrest and not seeing women at church. I really appreciated the thought and the party. It was fun.

Wednesday was my crazy day. I had the eye doctor in the morning. Noah LOVES the eye doctor. Granted, my eye doctor lets him use his light and touch all the cool tools that he uses. This time he looked at Noah's eyes and told him that his eyes are perfect. And then said he had the most beautiful eyes. Noah kept saying "Boo Boo ful eyes", the rest of the day. He even had to call and tell Dad about his eyes. On my note, my right eye is getting really bad. It is accelerating at an alarming rate, he suggested that it would be good if the baby came early. No matter when the babe is born, I have to go two weeks afterwards for some out patient surgery. I have had it before, it is painful but only puts me out for the rest of the afternoon. I will have my mom take me and hold the baby while I have the procedure. He sent me on my way with a note for my Baby doc that I was seeing that afternoon.

I dropped Noah off at Grandma F* house for my other two appts. My doc was really busy and I was informed when I walked in that it was time for an ultrasound. That is always fun to see your baby. Even though in a couple of weeks, I can take real pictures all that I want. He had one of his partners come in and talk for a minute and then realized I had to see Dr Esplin. So I talked about my eyes, he checked all of my other fun problems and decided to schedule an amnio the day after Christmas to see if her lungs are developed enough. Apparently, the lungs of babies that have diabetic moms don't develop as quickly although they grow bigger faster. If the tests come out okay then they will take Shaak-Ti on December 28th. I then had to go have a Non-stress test. Which showed that the baby is doing fine with no stress but the mom is freaking out and going a bit nuts. This is making me so nervous and stressed, is this really the right thing for Me and my Babe.

My sisters and mom had planned a baby shower for that night. And since so many people could not come and it was just not a good day, decided the night before to reschedule a "Meet the baby" party after she is born. I am really glad they changed it. I was freaking out a bit. Kerst had to calm me down on the phone. I bought myself a fruit smoothie at Costco. I had a blessing that night that said she would come when it was right and she would be fine. Cute Noah, asked for a blessing afterwards and he looked like he felt so important and special as he got a fathers blessing. It said he would have the ability to calm his sister and they would be best friends. His made me cry.

Since we did not have the shower on Wed, on Thursday Lena came and brought this darling Shaak-Ti cake she was planning for the shower. She was so excited to make it that she made it in spite of having no party. Noah was so excited and it was the yummiest cake. Lena is so talented, it was really fun to have a surprise like this. There is a pic above of the beautiful cake. Is it not so awesome?

Friday Night we went to an Adults only Christmas Party in our ward. Emilee took Noah and he had a sleepover at her house. We had a fantastic time visiting with other couples around our age in the ward. It was a Shephards dinner but with simpler food. It was fun to get to know people better and have adult time together as a couple. I am so pregnant and tired that afterwards, I went to bed. I got to sleep in until 9. So that was heaven.

Saturday, we cleaned out our entire bedroom and moved all the furniture to fit the cradle in there. My mom came to my house 5 minutes after I woke up to help. She was tending Baby Allie and stayed for a couple hours and worked so hard to get it to a point we could do it on our own. Lena showed up to help just as my mom left. We also wore her out. We really could not do all that we need without the help my fam has given us. Emilee showed up with Noah and her kids and Kristin folded my socks for me and we finished the room and cleaned the front room.

I noticed Ernie fish was looking really sick and dark. I asked Lena as she is our resident fish expert. She and Kristin took him up to PetSmart to see if he could be saved. He has probably been sick for awhile but I have had other things on my mind. Ernie has a fungus. The tablet that would help has to be put in a 10 gallon tank. Ernie lives in a one gallon tank. So we had to find something to save the water so that we can keep it and change his water with his med water every 4 days. He seems to be better today. So that is good. I figured if something happened to Ernie, it would be a good learning experience. I am glad he seems to be doing better. To much change for Noah to fast.

I go to the doc again on Wed. I am going to go over everything with him again to make sure we are making the best decisions all the way around. It was really strange making my last appts for the doctor. I have had numerous people who saw me from Tues to Sat say I am carrying this baby different than I was at the beginning of the week. I can totally feel it.

Today I am grateful for all I have an am blessed with. I see how the Lord has a hand in everything in my life. I have such a wonderful husband and son. A family and family in law that are doing all they can to help me when I need it most. I am just grateful to be a mother. I really never imagined I would get to be and I am so blessed to be born at this time where it is possible for me. Sorry this entry is so long and drawn out. I am totally not offended if you did not make it to the end.

10 comments:

Nik English said...

Love you Lou! Call me if you need me!

WonderKitty said...

We are so close to meeting little Shaak-Ti! I am so excited!

Rich said...

Laurie
We are thinking a lot about you in our home and just know although we are far away our prayers are with you.
We love you and I love how you have such a wonderful attitude. You are an amazing example to me.
love
Sharon

Alicia said...

I can't wait to meet S.T.! That is so wonderful about all the help from your fam. I love that Noah says Boo boo ful! Soo cute :).

Reluctant Nomad said...

I made it! I made it! Miss you...wish we were there.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited to meet your baby girl. Even if she doesn't have a name yet. I will be there either when she is born or shortly after. HOORAY!!! Hang in there. Your are almost done!

Erin said...

This is a bit of a stressful time of year, isn't it? You will be in our prayers...good luck next week, and congratulations in advance!

Kersten said...

Our lives have been a wild roller coaster. We couldn't do it without our family and friends. I want to echo Laurie's gratitude for everyone's help.

Diana said...

I am praying for you Laurie. I am so grateful that your mom is so close and such a support to you and that Kersten is the wonderful husband and father he is.
I'm only in Provo, please call if i can help. I'd be happy to watch Noah for you!

Kristi said...

You are so close and I'm so excited for you and your family. :) Noah will be such a great big brother. I'm glad you have good doctors. If you need anything, please know you can call me!