Thursday, December 06, 2007

December Real Simple Interview

For my birthday my brother Nik and mostly his wife Lena got me a subscription to Real Simple Magazine The coolest thing was that I got my first issue the saturday before my birthday and they stopped by. I commented that I randomly got my favorite magazine in the mail with my name on it and had no idea how. They laughed and spilled the beans that they got if for me. Hooray! I am one lucky sister

What is the most unusual holiday gift you've ever received? In high school, I was trying to get all the Aladdin toys from Burger King. The only one I did not have was Abu the monkey. My brother Nik, wrapped it in a huge box with tons of newspaper and gave it to me for Christmas. It is a favorite memory.

Most useless invention I am sure there are a ton of them out there but I don't pay that much attention or forget about them after I see them.

What makes you laugh? My boys, my brother, the movie Elf, Undercover Brother, THe Man who Knew to Little, The Office, and mostly myself.

Bath or Shower?Shower, unless I have a huge jetted tub at my leisure.

If you could change careers now without consequences or financial loss, what would you switch to?Well, I am living my dream job of being a mom but if I could go back to school I would get a masters in Speech pathology.

What was your most embarrassing moment? I have way to many to think of just one. I have introduced some people in really kind of embarrassing ways trying to give the other a reference of who they are in my life. They probably have forgotten them but I replay them in my mind. Lame

How often do you exercise?Right now, walking and standing up feel like exercise.

What surprises you most about your life? How much joy I take from being a mom, The continuing struggles and unlucky surprises that keep popping up in life and I never thought my family that I grew up in would be like it is now

The big decision I'm currently wrestling with is . . .once again, what to name this baby girl. Should I tie my tubes, should I put up a christmas tree or just lots of lights and make one of paper. Should I just blow up my storage room so I don't feel a need to have it organized and cleaned out

10 comments:

Diana said...

I love Real Simple, Sharon got me a subscription a few years ago. I loved it, I miss it.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of blowing up the storage room! I might try that one myself.

Carrie said...

I'm all for blowing up your storage room, just wait until we get there so I can see the explosion! So fun to talk to you last night. You're the greatest!

Kersten said...

The question on what to name our little girly is MADDENING.

Nik English said...

You should name her Noaha that is a good name!! Lou Jr!! Or Kirsten! no that would be cruel just kidding!

Reluctant Nomad said...

Lou--that's funny. My friend just had a baby two days ago and named her...Laurie! Laurie Adelaide.

WonderKitty said...

I think you should name the baby Tilly. Its cute and very feminine. It could be short for something...like...well, I cant think of anything right now. But its cute anyway.

Gatnnos said...

You still have plenty of time to come up with a name. In four months from now, you will have three names that you totally adore!!!!!! I thought we decided on Gwendalina - ??? I am CRUSHED so very CRUSHED!!!

Gatnnos said...

You still have plenty of time to come up with a name. In four months from now, you will have three names that you totally adore!!!!!! I thought we decided on Gwendalina - ??? I am CRUSHED so very CRUSHED!!!

Mimi said...

Lou you should name her
Anya, Alyssa
Belle, Bridget
Carlyn, Cendra
Daisy,Darla
Eden, Ellie
Fiona,Felicity
Genevieve,Gwendolyn
Haile, Holly
Isadora, Ingrid
Jacqueline, Jane
Katherine, Kate
Lorelei, Leah
Mia, Melody
Natalia, Nora
Olivia,Oprah
Phoebe,Priscilla
Queenie,Quea
Rachel,Roslyn
Sophia, Sabrina
Trisha, Talia
Uma, Ursina
Victoria, Valerie
Wanda, Willamina
Xena, Xaviera
Yolanda, Yoko
Zoey, Zeta

Ok that took awhile. I know some of them you will hate but maybe it will get the juices flowing