Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas MeMe


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for under the tree, gift bags for neighbor gifts etc.
2.Real or Fake Tree? Fake all the way, It has to be up for a month and it is less messy
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually sometime during the week after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the week between Christmas and New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE it
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My stereo in 7th grade
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes quite a few. It is my favorite part of my decorations
8. Hardest person to buy for?My step -mother and step-dad
9. Easiest person to buy for? Kids. Toys and books! and Kersten for he always tells me what he wants of buys it for himself early
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? To big pajamas that were not returnable. A maternity jacket when I was not pregnant
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, and I love to make them. It is a true delight to me. Although this year people are getting baby announcements in January instead
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, love it and The Muppets Christmas Carol (best version ever)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In September Usually
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I did last year sadly, I got a late Christmas Santa from a neighbor and never even unwrapped it and regifted it the next year to some acquaintances that we did not know well
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Virginia's Divinity, Kersten's mom's rum balls and Peppermint ice cream with fudge
16. Colored or clear lights on the tree? Growing up it was colored but now we have clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and Baby, It's Cold Outside
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home but go around the valley like crazy people.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Olive the Other Reindeer
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Right now it is an Angel but I am on the lookout for a great star. A little bit picky about it
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Kersten's fam opens them ALL Christmas Eve, We did one on the Eve and the rest Christmas Morning. This is a big debate in our marriage. But convenience has made it so we open them Christmas Morning with our little family. To much going on the Eve before to try to open all our gifts also.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? It is over before you have time to really enjoy it as an adult.
23. What do you enjoy most about Christmas? How magical and festive it is. I am big on magic. Watching the wonder in my child's eyes.
24. Hot Chocolate or Cider?Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top and stirred with a candy cane.
25. What do you want for Christmas? This year I would like for this baby girl to wait till after Christmas to be born. That would be the best gift ever.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey, I got a stereo in 7th grade too! I loved reading this, what a fun idea!

Gatnnos said...

Thanks for sharing! FUN to read!

Diana said...

Peppermint icecream with fudge sounds so good. I love ice cream and I love mint. Yumm.
This season is going by to fast.
We opened all our presents on Christmas eve growing up too.

Nik English said...

Olive the Other Reindeer oh bother you stole my thunder! OH WELL This was awesome lou you are great!!

Reluctant Nomad said...

Hot chocolate for me too! (although I love cider also). With whipped cream. I could seriously use some hot cocoa from the coffee-stained mugs at Doug and Emmys.

Kersten said...

I like my mom's famous rum-cocoa. It makes the whole family really happy at Christmas!

Kristi said...

I love nativity sets too - I have a few. I wish we could get together to see each other's nativity sets. :)
And ditto on the peppermint ice cream! yum!

Mimi said...

Love this Lou so stealing it. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loud for all to hear

emily said...

Suddenly I am hungry for peppermint ice cream and hot cocoa stirred with a candy cane... Very fun!