When my brother Nik was born, I was not a very happy little girl. I was 4 days away from being four and was very adamant that we did not have boys in our family. I did not want anything to do with a boy. Before his birth we had 3 girls. My dad was a very quick thinker and in the car on the way to meet him. told me that Nik had his own song. I actually remember thinking, "Well, he can't be that bad if he has a song." He was my bud after that. All of us adored our Nik. And probably spoiled him more than we should have as sisters. He totally changed the dynamic of our family. I am really grateful that I have a brother.
I have always felt really close to Nik. Although, "I played Pirate Ship weird." and Audrey was always better for the wild, rough and tumble games. I always felt that we had a special bond. Maybe because I chose to let him stay, in my four year old brain. I decided to take full advantage of a brother.
Nik is really one of the most multi talented people I know. From the time he was little, he excelled at almost everything he tried. He is a brilliant artist. I have two originals in my house. (Not a lot of people can say they have an original Nik Painting), And man can that boy sing. He has an amazing deep bass voice that not many can match. He can act, just like my dad. He is so very smart at computers. He has a photographic memory and can quote movies and songs like no other. He is constantly entertaining and making everyone laugh. All the nieces and nephews adore him, for they know that Nik will always play. Whether it is wrestling, lightsabers or just being silly. We all look forward to Nik.
I am really glad that Nik is my brother. And that he was always honest with me if I looked horrible for a date and that he listened to all my ramblings about boys and life growing up. People always thought that Kersten and Nik were brothers and I was the in-law. I could not ask for a more fun November birthday club member. Love ya Nik
6 comments:
happy Birthday Baby! This was a great post Lou! Nik really is an amazing man. I love him so much! I am glad you let him stay!
Happy Birthday Nik
I am glad I get to have you as my twin. Thanks for being a great guy.
Your other half
Ginny
Happy Birthday Boy-o.
Naked Day was a good day!
Happy Birthday Nik!
Lou... it's I've got a Nikolaus la la la la la la la.. he loves his nummies. la la la la la. Yes, we love our Nik Happy Birthday
Post a Comment