Helpers - Last Saturday, a week ago the 10th, Kersten went Snow shoeing with his bro and so I spent the morning cleaning our house. My mom called and asked what I was doing. I told her how I was cleaning out my room in the basement so I could start on the storage room. She came right over. Not a half hour later, my sister Emilee and her friend Gerald and her kids also came. I have about 1/3 of the room cleaned out. I was so grateful for Gerald, he could actuallly lift. He cheerfully just kept moving, carting and lifting boxes. This is a huge deal right now. Everyone was cheerful and happy and the kids helped out too. Afterwards, we had dinner at Z pizzaria and had good times talking. I keep thinking about this all week and I am just so overwhelmed with gratitude for the help. I go a bit crazy thinking about all that I would like to get done and can't right now.
Pillows-I could not sleep or survive without a lot of pillows. I love them. I have one for my back and my stomach, under my knees and my head. They are a fabulous invention.
Babysitters- With so many doc appts I have been so grateful for the people willing to watch Noah so he does not have to always come with me. He has so much more fun playing or being anywhere but at the doctor. It makes life a bit easier and more bearable.
Noah-He is just so fun and listens so good right now. I watch him choose to make a good choice. He already is sticking up for his little sister and helps me remember what this is all about. He passed his hearing test with flying colors and though I had to bribe him, he actually let them touch his ears so we don't have to go back.
Announcements- thanks to my friend, Kieran and her son Heber for entertaining Noah. I finished Shaak-Ti baby announcements this week, at least to the point I could before she gets here. I wanted to get them done before my birthday and my mission was accomplished. I am really happy how they turned out. Just for info, I will NOT be sending out Christmas cards and will send a fam pic seperate with her announcement. I figured doing both was a bit to much for me right now. Lena helped me too, it was fun.
Nite Out- Last night Ginny wanted to go to a movie. We went to dinner at Kersten's parents and they were going afterwards. It was really nice to be invited and Kersten was agreeable for putting the boy to bed alone. So I went and saw a movie. We were going to go see "August Rush" but it was misprinted and they did not have that movie in. So we went and saw "Dan in Real Life". I absolutely LOVED it. I came home, feeling kind of fun and happy inside. I had to talk about it with Kersten. I think he would even like it so we might eventually rent it. And I got a place in the theater that I could put my feet up so I did not feel like I was cheating my bedrest. Hah Hah, I sat next to Christel or "Mo" and she is always fun to sit with in a theater for she freaks out with me and makes it even more fun. It was good to go.
8 comments:
Congratulations on your announcements! I can't wait to see them! I am so glad that you got out to see a movie too :). Happy Birthday early!
I am grateful for the help we received with our basement. It made a huge project look smaller.
you will have to tell me about dan in real life...I am still wondering if I want to see it
What a great blessing to have so many people come and help you - send them my way! I have a whole house to put them on! And it is a chilly 76 degrees to enjoy it all!
I was glad to help with the announcements Lou, they turned out so cute! I want to see Dan too, so let me know more about it. I was glad to hear you had help cleaning your basement, you shouldnt be doing it alone!
So glad the announcements are done, I'm sure they're adorable. So smart to get them done before she's here. Didn't you love Dan In Real Life? It really is a classic. "You are the murderer or love!"
Lou, here is a funny link to a lady singing a great song about being a mom. I will post it as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQU
Hey, Happy birthday!
Post a Comment