I felt so full of wonder at my scheduled ultrasound today. Shaak-Ti is so healthy and beautiful. She is a little imp and already so full of personality. She is getting big enough now that it is hard to see all her face or anything. So we see these itemized parts of her sweet body. Her stomach, back, femur, head, beautiful heart, kidneys, brain and my favorite pic of the day was of her chin lips and nose. It almost looks like she is smirking. And she has quite the prominent chin. When Dr, Esplin came in and started looking at her, He got really excited like a boy in the toy store and asked if I wanted to see her in 3D. A new thing at the new hospital. Of course, my girl would not hold still to get a picture of her face but it was so beautiful to see her with a real skin tone and looking so much like a baby instead of the black and white images on the screen. It made me so excited to hold her little body and be closer to the end. Sorry I don't have a working scanner to post the pic of her silly chin, it is a wonder to behold.
Shaak-Ti is 4 lbs 8 oz right now and growing right on. I am now down for the count and if my conditions worsen for me in any way the Dr will just take her. He put me on some stronger meds for my blood pressure and preeclampsia problems. I go back mon and next fri for NST's and will see him Mon again so he can she how the meds worked over the weekend. We talked for a good 20 min about my birth options. I have been praying to know what will be easiest and healthiest for both of us. Today it was confirmed in my heart and with the doc that unless I go into labor on my own, we will do a scheduled C-section on January 8, 2008. Okay, now that feels really weird having a real solid date like that. I hope she waits till after the holidays. I think it would stink to have a birthday at that time.
8 comments:
You are getting soooo close!!!
I am excited to be there when she is born. Sweet little Gwendalina. I will pray that you stay healthy and make it to January 8. That is soooo soon!
Oh wow! Aren't those 3D u/s cool? Same here, I hope you stay healthy and all goes well until Jan. 8th! Yay!
Lou that is so great! Let me know if I can bring you a shake or some books or videos or help with Noah, okay?
I am glad you feel comfort having a birth plan. I am so envious of those 3-D ultrasounds I wish I could've had those when I was pregnant.
Good luck and your in my prayers that everything continues to go well for you and your little Jedi.
That ultrasound pic was so cool Lou! I really looks like she is smiling at you! She knows you were looking at her and she wanted to give you a show. I hope that the experience with the 3-D stuff doesn't mean that she will be camera shy! It is impossible in this family!
So glad she's doing well. I can't wait to see her! I hope you get plenty of good bedrest and make yourself stay down. I wish I were there to take Noah. Know that my prayers are with you. Love ya!
We are so excited for your guys!!! (And you are so close you must be thrilled!) We hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving...maybe we can try to get together sometime over the holiday (Ben's parents are coming into town but maybe we can before they come). Miss you guys!
Post a Comment