Saturday, November 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Ginny F*


(By guest blogger, Kersten)

My little sis, Ginny, was born 27 years ago. She was full of life and energy during her youth. When we were kids, we theorized that she had a nuclear power plant somewhere in her body that gave her super-human energy. Ginny enjoyed the endless energy, but it exhausted us. Her infinite energy earned her the nickname of ‘Beanie’, after a Mexican Jumping Bean.

She also had a super-human immune system. She would put things in her mouth that would kill a yak and play on as if nothing happened. Some examples include the exhaust chips from my parents VW van and spiders.

Ginny wanted to be a dancer when she was young. Her attire often consisted of a dance leotard and tights. This was fine for a girl; however, she usually wound up roughing around in the sandbox and by the end of the day, she would look like vagrant dancing child.

Liking all activities related to motion, Ginny learned how to roller-skate. She received lessons from a professional clown on the finer points of skating. Through her hard work and sheer energy, she became the best roller skater in the neighborhood and would shame any competitors who dared challenge her superiority.

Ginny is a beautiful young woman. Her nephews idolize her, and for good reason. She is amazing with children. She can get Noah to eat things that he would never touch at our house. Ginny is also tender and kind with children. She seems to know exactly what an individual child’s needs are and she will use that knowledge to help the child. Ginny is part imp, and I think that helps her connect with children.

We are all grateful for our Ginny. I admire her and love her. I think our entire family would feel empty without her.

Happy Birthday Ginny!

5 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Nik's sister from another mother...and father...anyway, Happy Birthday Ginny! I ahve been telling Nik he is old, but I would never say that to you :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kersten! You are the best big brother I have.

Love
Ginny

Kersten said...

I am the only big brother you have! So that makes me the best and the worst.

Nik English said...

happy bday Twin!!

Gatnnos said...

Happy Birthday Ginny!