Yesterday I felt like such a "Cool Cool" Mom. I made Noah for his birthday party with my family an R2D2 cake. Anyone who knows me, also knows that baking, cooking or anything to do with food is not my strong point or talent. So this was a feat to say the least. In all honesty my sister Emilee helped a tiny bit, but most of it was ME. And I am so thrilled with the result. Spencer who is a 6 year old expert on Star Wars even told me that it looked just like the real R2. Noah heard me talking to someone about it and ever since goes around making beeping noises. His whole face lit up at the sight of his cake. It made all of it worth it. I wanted it to taste very yummy so it is a cinnamon swirl cake with cream cheese, whipped cream frosting. My mouth is watering just to think about it. And as requested I will type the recipe for the frosting at the end of this post (never thought I would post a recipe).
The whole time I was making Noah's Cake. He would come over to inspect it. He would start singing "happy birthday" to himself and then act out him blowing out the candles. You can imagine how excited he was when he finally could blow out his candles for real. It was quite the event.
The only thing Noah asked for other than cake was Balloons. When Kersten came home with this big bundle of balloons. Noah was jumping up and down yelling "Ba oon, Ba oon" . He is definitely a spoiled but happy boy.
In this picture above, we were trying to get a picture of Noah and Spencer with little corporation. So Amy asked them to "Show Me Love" for the camera and this is what we got. Hilarious
My son was a bit spoiled as always for his birthday. Audrey and Danny got him some Galatic Star Wars Heroes, Darth Vader and Obiwan (a favorite right now). My Mom and Al gave him a book with Glow in the Dark stickers and a puzzle Truck book. So cool. He has been pouring over it this morning. Emilee and her kids gave him A Luke Skywalker Speeder , It is really cool. His light saber even lights up. I don't think he could decide what to play with first.
Kristin, Noah's cousin made him this adorable sleeping bag for his favorite Donald Duck. It was funny because when he opened it. He took Donald out of his sleeping bag and gave him a hug. So excited to get a his duck. Kristin then showed him that she made him is own "B" or blanket for him to sleep. He thought that was "Cool Cool"
Noah now has his first fish. It is a cute little Beta Fish. Nik and Lena gave it to him. Lena even sandblasted his name into the bowl. Noah has not named the fish yet. He just calls it "ISh ish". As of 7 tonight the fish is now named Ernie
I was really proud of Noah last night. He showed so much appreciation without any encouragement from me or Kersten. Which as most people know. Noah just doesn't volenteer to give hugs to people. It made me really happy. Overall, it was successful and so fun. I hope Noah likes 3 as much as he liked 2. He still won't admit that he will be 3 on Saturday.
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
I small carton heavy whipping cream
In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.
13 comments:
Right on Laurie!!! That cake was sooo cool.
I never knew R2D2 could taste that good. Great Party Lou still am dreaming about that cake not only did it look good it tasted amazing
I wish we could have been there. Love you.
What a totally cool cake! I love it! You are the BEST MOM EVER!!!
You are amazing. That is the coolest cake ever! I always have great plans, but then end up doing the easy version at the end. You are one dedicated mom. Noah is a lucky boy!
what a cool cake! i'm so impressed! looks like noah had a fun birthday party! how fun that he has his own fish!
I would have killed for a cake like that when I was a kid! It was totally awesome!
Laurie is really the best Mom on earth.
That is the cutest boy cake I have ever seen, you are an artist!!!
That was a awesome night...I am still laughing at the picture with Spencer that is one of the funniest things ever!!
It makes me so happy that Noah loves his fish so much. And to give it a name...I hope it stickes around a while!
That was a really fun night. Even though I was exhausted and Danny wasn't there. But I am so glad that Noah had such a great b-day.
Happy Cake turned out good.
Happy Birthday Noah!
Laurie you did out do yourself!!! The party was so fun. AND the cake was so fabulous & delicious in every way. All of Noah's photos are so adorable. What an amazing smile. I'm so happy I'm the lucky one to be his Granny.
Post a Comment