Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Monika


Today is my Mother In Laws Birthday and as everyone knows she is still only 29. I feel blessed to have such a marvelous mother in law. She can juggle more things than anyone thought possible. She grew up in a small town in Austria close to the Swiss border and my favorite story she has told me is that when she was bored as a child she would go to the Rhine River and throw rocks and call insults to the Swiss on the other side. I love her accent. She is an amazingly talented artist and can paint the most beautiful watercolors. I now have 3 original paintings she did in my house. She is infamous for her wonderful food. At Christmastime I have people beg me to bring them some of her cookies, fudge, brownies that she makes at that time. She is an amazing host and always has something to serve people when they come to visit. She has the patience of Job. She loves to read and is always sharing her books with me. She has the best laugh and takes great joy in her grandsons. Happy Birthday Monika. I hope it was a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Dave S. S. said...

Monika, you are the best, we love you.

Kersten said...

Mom, you really are the best. Thanks for being so great!

Greg said...

I saw your post about your dad. I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about father-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Daddy's Little Girl.

Gregory E. Lang
Author, Why a Daughter Needs a Dad