Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Direction


I have been filling up my life with stuff and things to do. I like to be busy, creative, on the go, happy and have some plans even if it is just tenative, it's a direction at least. My sister commented today that I always have something to do. I am running like a chicken that just had it's head cut off. Well if I am going to be a chicken, I hope it is a cute, cartoon type chicken. That has a big wide grin on it's face and wild curly hair that is waving behind it as it runs down the street. She may even be wearing her new shirt with circles on it, that makes her feel hip and stylish. (That is how she sees herself, but the mirror tells otherwise).It would even be more fun if that chicken had a handsome rooster chasing her with a glint in his eye (that glint is cause he knows she wants to be caught). Ha Ha, I think I am in a bit of a strange mood.

I like so many other women in this world, plan and do way to much. I pack so much into my limited time in each day, no wonder I am pulling my hair out. The key to all this craziness is to prioritize. The first 3 are easy. They go Noah, Kersten and the Gospel. But I think should I make sure I am okay first and then go down the list. Well, I have had drilled into me for the past 16 years that if I am not cared for then I cannot care for other people. I am a person who stretches her emotional bank to it's limits daily. I give what I can to the people I love, the people I am called to serve and the daily things women need to do to survive in their homes. I am talking dishes, vacuuming, orgainizing, laundry and all those things that never end. Just now as I am typing my husband comes home from the store and is excited to show me his purchuses. So because I am curious and also excited, I Stop my ramblings and run to go inspect.

It was worth the pause and the shopping trip seemed very successful. (He finally has a lamp for his side of the bed)

Maybe it's not just priorities but that we need to make the time we have every day count for what will make the most happy, successful and best self. That is what I want to be. I want to be the best Laurie, the best Lou, the best I can be.
How do we start that?
How do we decide what is the most important to stretch?
More to come later

2 comments:

Carrie said...

From what I know of Kersten, he would definitely be chasing you down the street. I think it often feels hard to prioritize, but it's so important to create quiet moments in our day for ourselves, our children, our family. I'm excited to read more!

Gatnnos said...

wow! Lou - that all seems very deep. Very pensive. I am glad that Kersten finally has a lamp for his side of the bed! Now he can turn the light off for you when you finish reading at night.