


Oh, just typing the name Darcy makes me sigh a little bit. I love the book and movies from Pride and Prejudice. My friend Kristi introduced me to a trilogy called the Fitzwilliam Darcy Series by Pamela Aidan. It was fun to see the authors view on what Darcy was thinking through the courtship of him and Elizabeth. I liked hearing his thoughts about why he acted in a certain way, what he said to Bingham about Jane, what happened with Lydia and Wickham and a different view of the whole process. There are quite a few diffrent books out there expanding Jane Austen's book and I think these books do her credit. They stay true to the characters and their feelings and don't stray from the main objective of the book. I am really glad Kristi told me about them. I finished them at the beginning of last week and have wanted to post about them since. I had to return them to the library or I would have written some of my favorite parts that are not in the original. I realize that I don't post about books I don't like that I read (and there are some) so when I do post about them they tugged at me and inspired me in some way. So, Happy reading everyone
7 comments:
You are a fast reader, so congrats on finishing these up! I am just nervous when you read these kinds of books. They set up a romantic expectation that the modern man is not willing or able to meet.
I've been wondering what you thought of these, I knew you were going to start them. Thanks for the recommendation, I'm just about done with my current book and looking for another one.
I'm so glad you liked them!
These are on my list of many books lou says I should read now by the time I die I swear I will still have like 200 books left on my list with how fast you read
I could hardly stand finishing what you wrote about them let alone reading the book
Are there any other of the spin offs you give a thumbs up? I would love to read the good ones:) I will have to check these out.
Missy, I loved Mr Darcy's Daughters By Elizabeth Aston as well
Post a Comment