Saturday, March 10, 2007

Movie Premiere-Little Playdates, Little Adventurers


Today was the Movie Premiere of Little Playdates, Little Adventurers. My Son, Noah is now an official movie star. I don't think he quite understood what was happening. He was just excited that he was with some of his fun family. We arrived a bit early because I was a bit paranoid about getting seats. Kersten was teasing me a lot about it. I told him to blame it on my Grandpa Larry, who arrived at least a half hour early to anything important. So we pretended to play arcade games and looked at the water fountain until it was time to line up for the show.


Here we are in line to get into the theatre. Here is a list of who came, Aunt Virginia, Uncle Nik, Aunt Lena, Cousin Spencer, Cousin Kristin and her doll Samantha, Mom Laurie and Dad Kersten. It was a rough decision of who to invite and it also relied on who was available. Nik, Spencer and Noah kept running out of line to look at posters and play like they were Ninjas. It is just to hard to stand in line, so they made their own entertainment. They said in one of their emails that there would be a red carpet for the kids. Sadly that was not the case. They did have cookies, punch and a toy dinosaur or bracelet for each kid as they walked in the theatre. They had a series of pictures from the film shoots that were flashing on the screen. Noah was in 2 of the flashing pictures and in the background of another. Pretty good for only a small sampling of all their footage. We would cheer whenever Noah would appear



Trent and Joanne Pettry, the directors and creators of Little Playdates, welcomed us all there. They talked about the last year and the awards they have gotten and all the things that have happened since they started. The coolest thing that happened was that their movies have been recognized for helping children with Autism. They reminded us that this movie was for children 0-3 years of age and that any of the animal footage comes out in the movie coming out in May.

Then the movie began. I looked at Kersten and for some reason only a mother would understand, I was filled with so much emotion. I was so excited, thrilled and proud that my son might be in even 2 seconds of this movie. I felt really silly but Kerst just smiled and squeezed my hand. Fortunetly for us, he was in the movie about as much as any other of the kids. He mostly had his serious face on. I realized in that moment that my son when in huge groups of kids he hangs back and accesses the situation before he dives in. He was in the Dinosaur Museum segments a lot. They showed his hands playing in the sand with the dinosaurs a lot. That was his favorite place in that museum. I was sad he was not in the Firetruck segment. That was by far the most exciting of him. He got to turn on the siren and a fireman showed him all the diffrent parts of the truck. Afterwards, they showed us bloopers from filming and then gave each child in the movie a goodie bag, that had a copy of the movie in it, an airplane, some candy and another dinosaur. They then gathered all the kids for a group picture and it was over. It was a darling movie. They commented on how quiet the theatre was during the film ALL the kids were watching and paying attention. I am sure to see when they would come on. But it was entertaining and the music was really fun.




Oops downloaded the modified picture that I was playing with on I Photo.


I am so grateful that Noah had the oppurtunity to be in a movie. He loved seeing himself on that big screen. It made him laugh and point. It is so fun to have my son captured in this moment in his life, in such a unique way. I think everyone who got to come enjoyed it. They all humored me for pictures afterward. Although I wish that I had gotten different types of pictures and they did not allow camcorders in at all. In the DVD, it has the movie and on the other side you get a CD of the soundtrack. I thought that was fun to get both things in one. Overall, It was a marvelous day.

Then we walked out to this.

A green blazer hit our car going into the parking space next to us. At least they left their info. It put a damper on our mood. Kersten was very grateful we had our camera so that we could photograph evidence. We will get the car fixed and it will turn out all right. It was a young new driver that did not know how to drive that big of a car correctly. Her dad did not sound very happy when Kersten called them after we arrived home. We made pizza for dinner and then watched Noah's movie, one more time before his bedtime. It was a pretty fun day. Noah was by far the cutest kid in Little Adventurers but I am a little bias.

11 comments:

Nik English said...

Good times had by all!

Kristi said...

What a great day for Noah! That is so cool that he was in a movie! He's such a cute kid that I'm not surprised!

Carrie said...

What a fun day! I can totally relate to the overwhelming unexplicable emotions of motherhood. Sometimes your kids just make you so proud. You're a great mom, Lou.

WonderKitty said...

Noah made a great premier appearance! Maybe he will end up being a dramatic actor, instead of a comedian. Then he can be the sexy heartthrob!

AubGoofy said...

Oh how exciting for Noah. I can't wait to see it. We now have a young movie star in our family. Yeah!

Gatnnos said...

I love to hear how you are doing! Thanks for doing such a GREAT blog!

Sharon said...

that is so great! Noah looks so excited. I cannot believe how big he is getting!
love ya,
Sharon

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

Congrats to Noah!

CTuna's Cavern said...

Now Nik, Amy, Lou, and Noah and I will have to do a play together HUH... Noah the Movie Star

Mimi said...

Hey Noah can I have you autograph I must have a signed copy of your video Love you guys

Dave S. S. said...

What the heck happened in that picture of you sitting in front of the fountain, it looks like you contracted Ebola