
I love Root Beer Floats. For some reason lately, I think about them all the time. I finally ate one this afternoon to see if it is everything I remember and more. Now I have to have Diet RB and it just doesn't quite make the cut. Growing up we had Root Beer floats quite frequently at birthday parties at my Grandparents house. They remind me of summer days on their patio, playing red light, green light or simon says with my cousins, climbing trees and swinging on a rusty swingset. They represent in my mind was is carefree about childhood. How life seemed so simple but so hard at the same time. RB Floats signify knowing no matter how much you torture your younger siblings and cousins that at the top of that hill at the end of the yard waiting there is a hug and encouragment that no matter what you will always be loved.
4 comments:
I love that. Isn't it funny how much you miss childhood the older you get. Although you can still play, there's just never the same kind of security you felt back then. But we can watch it in our kids.
I wish your life were as simple now as it was when you were a kid. But you and I get to do things as adults that are much more fun then RB floats. ;)
I wish I could run up that hill and sit on Grandpas Lap and all the torture would go away. I was an amazing girl when I was on his lap
My SIL wrote a post like this too (not about root bear floats though). About growing up and how when we do try to go back to our childhoods, it's just not the same. I guess it's good that we have such great memories though. Incidentally, I don't care for rootbeer. My family thinks I must be adopted or non-lds!
Post a Comment