Friday, January 19, 2007

The Daily Uniform



Noah has a daily uniform. If the uniform is changed or altered in any way. It leads to fit throwing, tears and pulling on his clothes all day as he realizes over and over again that this is not what he likes to wear. I decided this is not a one of the battles I have to win except for on Sunday he does have to wear something else to church. I usually try to plan now with Late church at least 40 min to get him dressed. It is a difficult thing getting a screaming, wiggly 33 month old dressed in something with a collar instead of Buzz Lightyear, at least that is how it is a our house.

Since a little bit before thanksgiving he only wants to wear this. I sometimes can reason with him that it needs to be washed and he will have to wait. We have a ceremony to take it to the washing machine. And he checks if frequently to see if it is done. For bedtime a similar problem. Pajamas don't have pockets so we now go through a hurricane to get pajamas on him. I just don't think that his clothes with be that comfy. I sometimes sneak them out of his room and get them washed that way.

Here is what the beloved outfit contains, It has to be Levi's with pockets and he is not fooled if I tell him tan pants are levi's in a different color. He likes the pockets so he can clip his new Light Saber to the pocket of his pants. If he is playing another game he puts a dowell in one and his Kerrigan Sword from Uncle Jason F* in the other and practices drawing them out like they are guns. He loves his black winter boots, that at the store he kept trying to put on the pink boots with the fur. Well, Dad would have none of that so we convinced him that these cool black boots were just like Zurg and Darth Vader would wear and there is not turning back now. He has a hiding shirt that still has to be approved for underneath his jacket. And now for the inspiration of this entire outfit, his beloved Buzz Lightyear jacket. It came in an entire jogging suit and he has loved it from the beginning. He uses the spaceship on the sleeve as his Buzz laser.

For Noah this is the perfect ensemble. It is comfortable, serviceable but most importantly it just looks really Cool.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

That's too funny. We've yet to encounter a uniform of choice, but something tells me Scott will be the first to break through.

Kersten said...

Oh, the tears we have shed over our son's fashion choices. I dread the day when his Buzz jacket no longer fits him.

Mimi said...

That is a scary thought Ten. Looks like its time to start searching for the next Buzz jacket

emily said...

At least the uniform he picked is pretty cute!
I think clothing is such a pain with children and wonder, "why is it such a problem?", but then I remember that I tried on 5 different outfits before church....

WonderKitty said...

I think Mimi is right...time to start the hunt for a new Buzz jacket!

Nik English said...

I like that he has a Kerrigan in his hand. He is learning to defend himself at a young age. Good for you!

CTuna's Cavern said...

Buzz light year away ... too the infinity... well he could be weird and be wearing a dress. LOL. Not my grandchild for heavens sake.
Keep up the good work. signed Woody. Alias Dad.