
My best friend Carrie gave me this book for Christmas "These is my Words". I throughly enjoyed and loved this book, I kept going back and reading passages from it. I loved the main character Sarah. The way they wrote this book as if it was a diary was really appealing. There were times you could taste the dirt, feel the fatique and smell the dust in the Arizona territory.
Here is one of my favorite sayings from this book by Sarah when they are traveling back to Arizona territory
"Something hit my bonnet, blowing in the wind. It startled me some but I was more startled when I grabbed hold of it. It is a piece of paper, but most important it is a piece of a book. A page from a story. It is page eighty-seven, and starts with, carried far out to sea. And the little boat went on into the gale, and ends with, beautiful woman clutched the letter to her bosom in fear as she saw, and then the page is finished and there isn't no more. On the other side is a little pencil picture of a big water and a little ship. I have read it over and over, trying to wish the rest of the story out of the page....She has a dress of scarlet velvet and pearls in her hair, and I don't know what that is either but it must be beautiful and someday I want a dress of scarlet velvet and pearls to put in my hair."
"Scarlet velvet and pearls" represents my yearning and desire for everything good, beautiful, and inspiring. I love being in beautiful places. I want to create a beautiful home and feel good in it. I love seeing beautiful creations. I try to design beautiful scrapbook pages and capture beautiful photographs. I love beautiful things. I like to see them, wear them, and experience them. I, like Sarah, someday want a dress of scarlet velvet and pearls to put in my hair.
I love her desire to read and have good things come into her life. She works really hard to make her life her own. She is constantly trying to educate herself, And treasures books just as much as I do. There are many more passages in this book that I adore.
Thanks for this beautiful book. It has become one of my absolute favorites. I know I will read it over and over as years og by
3 comments:
It is probably my favorite book ever. I'm so glad you loved it too, I knew you would. It is just fabulous, I agree.
I will have to read this book sounds fabulous.
I'm glad you loved it too! I've read it so many times and I keep going back. I cry everytime, but it's the best!
Post a Comment