"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Monday, October 04, 2010
Just say Rats!
Sofia amazes me.
On Saturday Noah, his friend Dylan and Sofia were playing outside.
Dylan comes running in yelling "We found a dead rat, Sofia has a rat."
I go running outside to see my daughter
Holding a purse in one hand
and a dead rat in the other.
This rat looks huge hanging from her small sweet hand
the tail dragging on the grass.
She calmly says "Look, I have a rat."
Instantly I start screaming "Put down the rat, put the rat down"
I run down our deck pick up the little person and scrub all her limbs.
Kersten disposed of the rat.
We talked to our bug/rodent guy
and most of the disease in rats are in their insides and bites.
And this was a freshly dead rat.
She had a bath and is just fine.
I marvel at her bravery and curiousity.
I don't believe there are many kids or adults for that matter
who would think that picking up a dead rat is a fun and exciting idea.
My, Fia is sure one of a kind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That girl has no fear. I love her!
Too funny! I think this will be one of those things we tease her about for years. Maybe I will finally have someone to share my love of pet mice with!
She looks more and more like Noah every day. What a spunky little girl. I wish we could get to know her better....
OH MY GOSH!!!
Post a Comment