Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grateful Sunday- October 17, 2010

Time Together:  Our kids had their annual Halloween sleepover with Ginny on Friday night and then my sister Amy or Mimi took them on adventures the entire next day.  It felt like a mini honeymoon.  We went to Zupas of dinner and then walked around the Fashion Place Mall,  watched a flick until late into the night.  Slept in until 10.  Then all the neighborhood kids did our yard work.  We went and saw Red, which was awesome.  Bruce Willis and Helen Mullen are genius.  To top it off we went on a double date with our friends that evening and ate, laughed and talked the night away.  It was an amazing weekend.  Kersten commented that it was nice to be reminded that we like to do things together just the two of us and we still have lots of fun together.  It was so so nice.  Thanks again everyone.

Canadian Thanksgiving:  Either of my parents don't have a lot of parties or dinners anymore.  Yesterday we celebrated Canadian thanksgiving with my Mom and Al.  I love being with my siblings and watching the kids run around like hooligans.  The food was divine and felt like home.  Can't get much better than that. 

New Callings:  I was released from Girls Achievement leader this week and I have the new calling of Young Womens Secretary.  I am excited.  I will really miss my girls.  I was just to the point where I felt I knew them well and could really have lots of fun with them.  I am thrilled to get to know the YW and look forward to this new adventure.

Painting:  I love painting.  I have been painting a bookcase for Sofia's room this week.   It really soothes my soul.  It helps me be at peace with myself.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

You will be awesome as YW secretary! And what a fun weekend! So glad you had such a great time!

Veridine said...

I knew we would get you hooked on Zupas eventually!

Diana said...

What an awesome weekend. I love mini honeymoons.
You'll have to post a picture of your bookshelf.

Amelia said...

I'm the YW secretary in my ward too! It's simply the BEST calling ever. You will love it, and be so good at it. And hey, if you are in long enough you will get some of your achievement days girls back! It's so amazing to watch them grow from girls into women.