Well, the weekend did not turn out as I planned. Which is not saying much since we did not have any really specific plans to speak of. We wanted to spend time together, work on the yard and the playset for the kids, Noah's report on Bluebirds is due tomorrow and I wanted to paint the wood alcove in the bathroom. Anything, that was on my list got scrapped on Saturday afternoon, when my stomach lost all it's contents. I babied myself the rest of the night, watching Avatar with my family and then going to bed early. And by dawn I knew, my body, said no more. You are going to be in pain as if acid were running through your veins. One very wonderful trait of my husband is that he is amazing in a crisis. It is his time to shine and he always pulls through in more ways than I can count. I am grateful everyday for this attribute of my husband. My first thought and request when my family woke up Sunday morning was to have a blessing to get me well much faster and to also stay out of the hospital. I have great faith in blessings from my Heavenly Father. I have seen them work miracles in my life time and again. My husband arranged everything and stayed close, just in case. This can go downhill fast. I laid in bed writhing and wiggling to get comfortable and finally I received a blessing which immediately calmed my spirit. I needed to listen to my body and I knew that I was loved. My body said to sleep. So I slept and slept for 5 hours. I woke up and ate jello and sprite. Read Sookie Stackhouse and went back to sleep.
I woke up this morning feeling more myself. And as I knew would happen a miracle. I stayed out of the hospital and I could manage from here. My daughter snuggled with me all morning, kissing my face, rubbing my hair and saying over and over "I love you, too" even if I had not said it and "Mommy, I missed you." We played dancing Cinderella guys in bed and hung out with me all morning while my husband mowed the lawn. I took a shower and collasped in exhaustion after lunch and slept the afternoon away. I awoke to hammers and drills working on the playset just like we planned and happy children.
I went outdoors for dinner as I was feeling quite ornry. (A sure sign of continuing to get better). I really needed a change of scenery. We had a wonderful BBQ at my in-laws. I mostly ate watermelon and laughed as we watched the kids play soccer with Uncle Isaac. And Fia yelling over and over "Look, I pay soccer" and Noah was yelling "Pause" at the top of his lungs cause he was the 'wEf" or the Ref and we had to explain that he is suppose to yell "Time out" if he wants a pause in the game. It was hilarious.
It really is an interesting fact. Last Memorial Day I had pneumonia and did not leave my bed for a week.. It's a good thing that we were living with my sister at the time or my kids would have been very neglected. Kersten and I have been teasing that this is our new Memorial Day tradition. I hope not. I want to do much more fun things on our long weekends. I did not mean to make this blog a venting forum but it sure feels good to get this out. Now I must go to sleep if I will keep getting better. Since Noah and I still have a report to finish before school tomorrow. Yes, that is me, I am already teaching my son to procrastinate to the last minute.

3 comments:
That sucks. What a crappy way to celebrate Memorial Day, or maybe it's a blessing because Kerst was home anyway so he was there to take care of you and the kids. Hope you keep feeling better, I'll have to check-in with you later.
Oh Laurie, I'm so so sorry. I thought of you so many times this past weekend too. I really love you and it is so wonderful that you were so taken care of and so loved by your family and Kerst. Kisses :).
WoW that was a crazy weekend for you. I am so sorry I was not in the loop and more aware. I love you and I am so glad you are doing better. I did the same thing with Kara's Gorilla report and we spent the night before putting it all together.
Post a Comment