"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Children's Book - Chicken Cheeks
Chicken Cheeks
Author: Michael Ian Black
Illustrated By: Kevin Hawkes
My sister Emilee gave this book to me and all my sisters for Mother's Day. What a thoughtful and wonderful gift. Since then we have read this book at least a couple times a day. And we giggle, laugh, and exclaim over the illustrations and the words. I mean really there is not much funnier than different kinds of animal bottoms.
My daughter Fia just sat on my lap and laughed and said "Read it, Read it, Please...."
Now a pause to read the book
It all begins with a bear wanting some honey at the top of a very very tall tree. His friends come to help him and each animal climbs on top of the other and you see their rear, tushy, derriere, cheeks, caboose, I bet you get the picture now.
Speaking of pictures they are delightful and full of fun and laughs. Each time we read the book all we hear is
"Again, Again."
It is a very fast read and the best parts of the book are the illustrations and if you are into a little "bottom" humor this book is for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm reserving it at the library right now!
I LOVE this book! We read it at least 10 times a day. Great for Giggles. THanks Em for all the joy!
Haha! I will HAVE to get this book. Just the cover illustration makes me laugh!
Post a Comment