Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lots of Happenings around Here

We have had some big things going on in our family and beyond.

Last Sunday, my father in law Heinz became Bishop of his ward.  The funny thing is that he joked about a month before that he wanted us all to show up on the day they called the bishop so they would think it was him.  When he told us in all seriousness that he was called as Bishop,  we did not believe in.  It took a couple of minutes for him to convince us that it was true. I could tell he was humbled and I know this will be an amazing experience for him and our family.  The ward will be blessed with him as their bishop.  He is one of the most genuinely concerned and generous people that I know.  It was an amazing experience seeing him set apart as bishop.  After he was sustained,  the mantle of bishop was laid out on his shoulders.  The entire family was there to support him.  A couple of the neighbors laughed and figured out what was happening.  The counselors were wise and inspired by the Lord.  I enjoyed visiting our old ward for a week and it confirmed to me that we really are in the right place for us right now.  Already I have seen many changes in Heinz and I know this will be an amazing experience for them.
This is my Fia,  one of my favorite pics of her
Virginia (my sister in law) is engaged to a cute boy named Mark.  He surprised Ginny this last Monday and came to visit her and get baptized.  It has been so so hard keeping this secret from her.  And she really had no idea that he was coming.  So it has been a really fun week.  Sofia has fallen a bit in love with "Her cute Monkey Mark" as she calls him.  He gave her a monkey for Christmas that has become her favorite. Ginny has a bit of competition.  We visited him on Tuesday to say hello and they watched Sofia for me as I went to an appt.  She  was super shy with him at first and love him by the end.  On thursday morn,  Sofia was so so sad.  When I asked her what was wrong she say "my see, my mark".  I was a nice mom and after we took Noah to school we stopped by to see "her Mark".  And when she saw him she hugged him with her head on his shoulder for a good 10 min.  I know she made Grandma Monika a bit jealous.

Yesterday afternoon we got to experience Mark's baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  He glowed with the spirit and it was a beautiful event.  The spirit was very strong.  I was coerced into leading the music and it had been so long since I had done it that I led wrong on the first song and by the closing song I had my groove back.  Kersten gave an amazing talk on Baptism.  It amazes me still to see my husbands talents.  He is a great speaker and had some beautiful insights.  Justin gave a talk about the Holy Ghost,  he is a convert and his perspective on the Holy Ghost was refreshing.  It was a beautiful program.  I know that Mark made a choice that will bring him eternal joy and happiness.  The spirit was amazing and strong during the entire day.  Afterwards the food was divine and it was so so fun to visit and be with each other.

Noah had his Kindergarten program on thursday.  All week Noah was so anxious for us to come.  And kept checking to make sure that both Mom and Dad were coming.  He told me numerous times that his program was going to be really cool and extra special.  I told him numerous times how excited I was to go. They had them do a workbook to show us what they had be learning.  The had a story they had written hanging up.  And afterwards they sang some songs for us.  They sang God Bless America with the sign language, they did the Pledge of Allegiance,  they sang a song about the days of the week and the months of the year,  a song about Peter the Penguin, the song You are my Sunshine and they did the Chicken Dance and then had to teach it to their parents.  It was really fun.  Noah may not have known all the words to every song but he was definitely the most enthusiastic of all the kids.  He kept looking for us and grinning. It was really special.  And just like the good mom that I am when I took out the camera the battery was dead.  Made me so sad.

Today we are celebrating Kersten's Grandpa F or Opa Rolf's 80 birthday.  We are having dinner at Kerst's Aunt Judith's house and Noah excitedly exclaims that we are having a Family ReUnion because all of us will be there and Daddy's cousin's too.  He has been expressing a desire to go to a family reunion where he can play with lots and lots of cousins.  So he is super excited.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh this post warmed me heart down to my toes. Heinz is so wonderful, he will be fantastic! Cute little Sofia and sweet Noah...I feel like I was at the program with you.

Carrie said...

cute blog face-lift. Love it! That's awesome about Mark & all the other happenings. We need to talk.

Alicia said...

By the way...cute new blog!! Now I want to change mine again :).

Diana said...

I love the new look to your blog!
I bet that program was just darling. i love when Kira's class does anything all the kids are so cute!

AMIT said...

Hahaha the little boy pic is so funny.I like it.

home jobs india

Kersten said...

The hat on my sweet Fia makes me laugh out loud. I have gone back and looked at it a bunch ever since you posted the picture.