"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Grateful Sunday - March 28, 2010
Today was such a beautiful spring day outside. It made me want to sing and dance around the yard. Instead, I ate my lunch on the deck and took pictures of my kids in their Easter clothes. Since next week is General Conference we are going to watch church in our pajamas.
Neighborhood: I love being busy and social. The last two weekends have been jammed packed with fun and friends. I love it but it sure makes us tired. With the beautiful weather, it has been idealic and has given me a taste of what summer will be like in our neighborhood and it makes my heart sing. Kids playing together on bikes, inventing games and having so much fun.
Family: Although sometimes it makes for chaos, I adore living close to our families. There are so many times I don't know what I would do without them. I love my parents and my sibs so so much. And Kersten's family has become so much a part of me and I just love them all.
Noah: this boy just keeps getting better and better. His insights and thoughtfulness astound me. He gave a talk in primary today that brought tears to my eyes and many of the other adults in primary. He has such unshakeable faith and such confidence when there are things pushing at him that could make it easy for him to fold up. He talked about how the Saviour asked his disciples to feed his sheep after he was resurrected. His favorite part of the story was that Jesus made them fish and bread for breakfast. He has a gift to bring the spirit directly into the room and he was very specific that the things he said in his testimony came from him and not his dad who helped him with his talk. I am so very blessed to be his mother. I just can't get enough of this boy. And this week is spring break so we are going to play a lot this week. Hooray
Sofia: my goodness who knew that having a daughter would be this adventurous and fun. This girl keeps me on my toes in all her two year old glory. She is my shadow and biggest helper. She lives life with such enthusiasm and pizazz. I love that she is always dancing all day long. She walks on her toes and has started dressing up every day. One minutes she is playing mommy and the next she has a ship and is shooting the bad guys. Her laugh is infectious and her grin can melt you. She is so trouble. Already she tries to charm her way out of getting into trouble. She amazes me with all her words and understanding.
Kersten: my man, he works so hard and just keeps going and won't give up. I am so grateful for him and the life we have together. I love that we are connecting so much better now and talk to each other about everything. I love the crook in his shoulder that I fit perfectly into. I love that he will let me wear his "Muppet" jacket when I am freezing. He has been so motivated and has been helping a lot.
I love having really pretty dresses for my Sofia. I take a lot of joy from her desire to dress up and look pretty especially for church. She literally jumps up and down on Sunday because she gets to wear one of her princess dresses from the closet. And go to "my class" and "collar Pictures" of Jesus and play. I love this dress and just had to show a full length view of it. It is her favorite too. Thanks to the people out their who made this dress possible
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just hearing about Noah's talk melted my heart too, I'm sure that hearing it was amazing. Sofia is sooo pretty!! I love her Easter dress. So girly and perfect. I need to come over and play dress up with her.
I must say that dress in adorable, and I'm glad things are so good with your neighbors, you just can't beat a great neighborhood.
She really is beautiful in that dress. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I am so excited for this summer as well. I missed so much of what last summer was like, I can't wait to see what this one brings.
Post a Comment