Today in the car........
Noah: "Mom, you need to build a strong family."
Me: "We have a strong family, I think"
Noah: "No, it's the mother's JOB to build a strong family"
Me: "So, how do you think I am doing?'
Noah: "Pretty good, we all love each other at least"
Me: "Well, I promise to keep working hard at my job"
Noah: "Yeah, it's really hard work. Really, really hard work."
As per this example, Noah maybe has been learning something at church and at family home evenings. It might also be a bit from Disney channel. I saw a commercial this morning with this message. He is so thoughtful and mulls things around in his head a lot. I am grateful for his reminders of the things that really matter. It is my job as a mother and as one lucky enough to stay home with my children, now when they are young to build our family. I do appreciate that Noah realizes that building a strong family is "Really, really hard work". Not to say that it does not have it's rewards and blessings. It sure does not come in a monetary way. I say that I win when my job description calls for multiple snuggles, rocking and hugs throughout the day. I often struggle with the balance of the most important things to teach. I know the most important is the spiritual aspects for they will not get that anywhere else. But the physical, the manners, working, independence, grooming and all the other, day to day things that they need to be healthy functioning and happy adults someday. With my son it is better to relate anything you can to Star Wars. So I am trying to teach him the light side of the force. That we are all connected and we can and will be a stronger family if we rely on the force or the Holy Ghost. And listen to our hearts to know what the right choices are. And if we try to do what is right we will be together forever even after we die. We need to forgive and love one another for our strengths and weaknesses. As Noah say.... I love you to infinity and beyond and to beyond heaven. So for better or for worse, I am trying to build a strong family.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

3 comments:
I love you Lou. You are the best and an amazing person.
You are an incredible woman that definitely focuses on the right stuff for our family. I lucked out and chose the right partner.
That is a great poster. So perfect for your little family especially your Noah.
Post a Comment