"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Monday, December 28, 2009
Sofia Caroline is Two
My Dear, Sweet, Trouble, Monkey, Princess Daughter.
I still remember the feel of you in my arms when you were brand new. I remember the shape of your head and your dark hair that stuck up and I will never forget the smell of you. Oh, I am so full of joy that I have a daughter.
You are such a delight. That is the word that always comes to me when I think of you. DELIGHT. Oh, there is no doubt that you are trouble. I have never known there were so many ways to climb and that so many different things in the house had multiple uses. I know you and I know that most of the times when you are being trouble you are just discovering your world, testing your limits or expanding your creativity. It really is just delightful being your mom.
You are generous with your hugs and your great kisses. You have all your toys give each other kisses and hugs. Your cars, your books, your babies and even Noah's "Guys" as you call them. You play like a girl and have a generous heart. You want everyone to feel your love and each others. My favorite time of the day is in the morning when we snuggle together in my bed. Your little body curls perfectly in the crick of my arm and I can feel your heartbeat and your warmth. I think you like this time too. It is ours. And I cherish it.
You and your brother Noah have developed a very strong relationship. I love watching you attack him with hugs. You tackle him to the ground and wrestle with him. You always try to be quiet and say shh in the morning but end up waking him up with your excitement to see him. He insists on giving you a kissing hand and a hug when he leaves for school. And you jump up and down when we go to pick him up. Both of you play so well together. Noah was one of the first things you said. He can make you laugh and cheer you up better than anyone. Make sure to stay close with him, he is the only brother you have. You are blessed to have one another.
This past year you have grown in so so many ways. You astound us with your words and the things you say. Our favorite is "kaked" which is naked. And you yell it with gusto. Such as "kay-ked shower" over and over again. YOu love pointing at your body parts and saying what they are. Right now elbow and eyebrow are your favorites. You love getting tickled and even tickle your own belly if possible. You don't like onesie's because you can't get access to your belly.
You sure are full of "IT", babe. I am not sure exactly what "IT"is, but, it seems like it is stubbornness, sassy, silliness, joy, mischief, temper, curiosity, methodicalness, craziness, love and more love, People flock to you and want to be with you. You genuinely love all the people in your life and they know it. I am so DELIGHTED that you are my daughter and my love for YOU know no bounds and limits. You are a choice and beautiful daughter of our Heavenly Father and I am privileged to be you mother. I do love you my Tweet-um Boo. You are my little bird just bursting to fly.
Love forever your,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is so beautiful! I can't believe Sofia is 2! I swear she was just a tiny baby. Happy birthday!
Loved your Christmas card--you all looked gorgeous!
Happy Birthday Sofia!! We love you so much! I can't wait to give you your birthday present!
Happy Birthday Sofia! I hope she had a super day!
Happy Birthday Sofia!! Laurie, you are the most talented writer. Your words move my heart :).
Post a Comment