Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I've Wanted to Tell You.......

I am having a blogging crisis.  I have been wanting to blog for awhile now.  I have so many thoughts and events that have happened that I am bursting with feelings, words and pictures.  But for some reason I seriously can't.  Each time I sit down or think about it there is a total lack of motivation.


 I want to tell you about my birthday and that I saw New Moon twice at the theater.  That I got to go to lunch twice with my siblings.  And that my brother reinacted the entire New Moon movie in the parking lot of Chili's.  And that I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt.  (I can't remember the last time I laughed like that). That I got to see my best Friend Kieran, two days in a row.  Which never happens.  I want to tell you about my beautiful children snuggling the morning away with me in bed on the day I turned 33.  And that they gave me the first and second season of Gilmore Girls.  My husband shopped with me uncomplaining until I tried on what I wanted and found the perfect A-line denim skirt.  It hits right below the knee.  It is to die for.    I want to explain how fun it was to go to the DQ for dinner.  My children are obsessed and they were so excited and thrilled that that is where they were taking me that I was happy and just as excited.  I mean a twist dipped cone is one thing that always makes anyone happy.

I wanted to tell you all about how I got to eat lunch with my kindred spirit and best friend Carrie.  She brought me Cafe Rio and a Cinderella phone for her Goddaughter.  It is still a big hit.  How I got to snuggle and love her baby, Maggie.  Oh, that girl is so precious and beautiful.  My heart strings tugged at the perfectness of her.  How I got to be with her for an entire afternoon just talking.  Now that is bliss.  It was perfect being with her.

Thanksgiving thoughts have swirled and whirled and wanted to come out.  My niece Kristin and I made nametags for the table.  We had dinner with my Mom this year.  She only gets us every 4 years.


 She made the food of my childhood that smells and tastes of love and how Thanksgiving is remembered in the heart of my soul and my childhood.  She made my grandma's gravy and Amy made the perfect turkey.  We had homemade stuffing and amazing appetizers that I still dream about.  Lena brought Dixie salad.  The food was so good and so plentiful that my mouth is watering just remembering it. And sadly the leftovers are long gone. I wanted to tell you how Sofia stole the drumstick off of Kersten's plate and ate it with gusto.


 Thanksgiving dinner is one of my all time favorite dinners.  I wanted to tell you about doing the dishes in my mom's funny sink and loving and feeling such a connection to my mom, her mom and grandmother.  As we talked and cleaned up after the huge meal.  My heart was so full eating that food and being with my brothers and sister that I love so dearly.

I wanted to tell you about the  annual day after Thanksgiving event with Kersten's family.  How we ate delicious food in a suite at the Plaza and walked around bundled up in our warm coats to see the lights on Temple Square.  How magical it was to see it through Sofia's eyes as she yelled lights, water, trees and pointed every which way.  How the beauty of the Temple inspired me to be better and happier and teach my children more.  How each baby Jesus in all the different Nativities made my children coo with happiness.

I wanted to express how frustrating it is to have sick children and be sick yourself.  My ears ready to explode and how your heart aches when you five year old who does not know how to fake yet,  says mom I am not feeling well. I don't want to get the other kids sick.


I wanted to tell you about my helpers putting up the Christmas decorations.  How Sofia walked around with a string of lights yelling "helper" at the top of her lungs. That Noah became a Christmas Tree all covered in lights.


And  How our Star Wars ornaments were the first on the tree and the twinkle lights hold so much magic in our front room.  And Noah had to take lots and lots of fuzzy pictures. How telling my children the story of the birth of our Savior was joyous this year since my son was listening and attentive to the entire story.  .


I really have wanted to tell you all these things.  But really have had a hard time getting up and just doing it.  So for now this will have to do.  I, at least told you a little bit.


fufglmhgjgfkihgohgihghguibohhkihtupoynoyj ku9opkyuuy[y0u0uyu0-9[p0-ulg67iiiii76gk6l65iweeep0rerti4hk.lo9;ytpy;;;p5;pfv[gv;g;f6r;gyty;/[yt;p1wd;]ew[p[
0[;[;ecs'/;e'c;rec[;rrd'f;;;;;;;;fjftgdgufyuyyyyyyyurfdjgyrtguytiykyyhf8ut7ytuyutyupu7tr876k7hyykjh       bbbgbbgb nbn nnn  And this last part is Noah typing and telling you all about it too....

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Laurie, I've missed your posts so much. I am soooooo glad that you got to have Thanksgiving with your momma and eat the yummy food that you love. Sofia and Noah are really so gorgeous and I'm so happy that you got to see Carrie and Maggie. I love you dearly. Get better soon!!

Carrie said...

I think you're a great writer. It was good to spend the afternoon with you, I was so glad to be unrushed and to just be. I miss lazy afternoons with you, with nothing to do but talk. I love you, Lou!

WonderKitty said...

That was a great way to update us all on your goings-on. I loved the way you wrote this.

Nik English said...

and Scene!!!

simplesmiles said...

wow your babies are so big and beautiful. we miss you guys.

Diana said...

What a lovely post. I am so glad you felt up to blogging a little bit. I love reading about your life and your beautiful family.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Your post sure help me catch up and see what your family is up to. I miss seeing you like I use to. Love you so much.