Sunday, August 23, 2009

Grateful Sunday - August 23, 2009


It has been a very long while since I have done a grateful Sunday post. It does not mean I have not been grateful just preoccupied, busy, thoughtful, and a bit harried. I recently had a very needed validation from a good friend. She said to me "Laurie, since you had to move out of your house, you constantly have had one thing after another. Literally you have not had a break or many quiet moments" It was nice to have my thoughts confirmed. So here is what I am grateful for...

My Husband: He is such a hard worker. He has been invaluable in helping get our house together. He works and goes to school full time and still spends quality time with all of us. And a little over a week ago fractured two of his ribs and then on friday cut off the top of his right hand ring finger. He is in considerable pain. And in spite of this today he played with and cared for our children so that I could take a much needed nap to fight away another migraine. He is such a support to me.

Temples: Over the weekend they have had numerous dedications to the new temple in our area The Oquirrh Mountain Utah temple. I have been contemplating a lot about the ordinances and covenants we make in the temple. I am overwhelmed with the beauty and promises made there. I am so blessed to have so very many temples within such close driving distance. It has reaffirmed my commitment to go more often and to take advantage of the blessings of the temple.

My Cute House: Over the last two weeks and some I am so reassured and felt so at peace that we are where we are suppose to me. A day does not go by that not one of us says how much we love our house. Although it does not have all the things I thought I wanted it has what we need. The ward is so amazing and friendly. There are kids close by and the beauty of the mountains surround me. I just love it here so far.

Noah: This boy brings so much joy and wonder to our family. He teaches me everyday about how to interact and be more patient with other people. His imagination is incredible. We have new adventures everyday. I still can't believe he starts Kindergarten in a week. He is being so brave. He is so generous with his love and hugs and kisses at least with me and "His" baby. He really is an amazing big brother and genuinely loves and teaches his sister new things everyday. I am a very lucky mother.

Sofia: This girl is a complete and absolute delight. She has such a contagious laugh and takes such delight from everything around her. She is constantly talking and is all over the place. She lives life with gusto and passion. Nothing get by her, she sees and wants to do everything. She is my constant shadow, helping with dishes, laundry and unpacking. Her favorite person is her "Bother Row-ra" she laughs and tickles him every morning to wake him up. I love my time with her in the morning before Noah wakes up, she snuggles and laughs and talks in her gibberish. It is precious. I just love this little girl with all her spunk and tenacity.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome. I can't believe how much you have been doing lately! I'm so glad you feel so good about your house and ward. I miss you.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Loved your house. I know you will be happy... lots of work though. Reminds me of when we bought 3666
Love you.

Diana said...

I love that you love your house. I can't wait to be a homeowner. Kira started school last Wednesday. I was fine until today. Its starting to become a reality.
I finished the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society last night. I LOVED it I was so sad that it was over when I finished!