(Above my favorite pic of the day, Noah protecting Baby from going into the street)
The last 3 or so years on the 4th of July we have crashed our friends the P* family celebration.
This year we now have an official standing invitation so I feel pretty honored.
Our very dear friends Matt and Mara and their boys were in town from across the world
so we make it a point to see them. There is always tons of yummy food. Good company
fun conversation, birthday parties for and aunt and for Bam Bam who turned 5.
I took Lemon Bars which were requested. Made me feel good and important.
As anyone who know the real me knows food prepartion is not my strongest trait.
All the cousins played a game of kick ball in the cul-de-sac.
Here is Noah running to first base. He came up to me after the game and said
"Mom, this party lots and lots of fun."
He made friends and was included in it all although he was not related.
What nice kids to make sure everyone had fun.

Sofia watched from the sidelines. Playing in dirt, picking up rocks and
tried to steal the other kids toys. All in the day of an 18 month old.
Matt and Kersten now have a tradition of taking off in the the middle of the party.
I think they go hiking or driving up the canyon just to have some guy friend time.
Here is my beautiful friend Mara and I, She always uplifts and inspires.
Mara is one of those friends no matter how long it has been it is like we see each other every day.
I love your genuine spirit and her enthusiasm for life, art and culture.
She is a very talented photographer check her website here
We watched as the men set off firecrackers.
Sofia and Noah both loved it. Even the loud ones did not bother them.
We came home before the big fireworks. Doo was just to tired. Noah is still talking about the party
On Sunday night we drove 45 min south to see my cousins on the E* side
I got to see most of my cousins, 7 of the 9 is not bad.
My cousin Barb who lives in Florida was a highlight and of course
Warren, the 21 yr old traveler living in NY.
The oldest runs a couple firework stands every year to earn $ so that
his brothers and sisters that live far away can fly back at least once a year.
They all help out and the 5th of July have a huge Bonanza of fireworks.
It was super cool. Noah and I just went because Sofia was beyond.
I don't think I have ever seen so many fireworks
and all the different kinds of bottle rockets.
I loved seeing my dear cousins children,
it was a bit uncanny seeing their faces in these little people.
Overall it was a great weekend of fun and great people.
4 comments:
Sounds so fun! What a great 4th of July weekend. Will you be around tomorrow? We do need to chat.
What a fun time!
I haven't read your blog for awhile! What cute pictures. I love the butterfly/fairy party pictures. Your kids are growing up fast.
Miss you already.......and will you email me that pic of m and k? I want to frame it. ;)
Post a Comment