Saturday, December 20, 2008

Babes In Toyland


My dad is in a play this Holiday season.  He plays the Toymaker and Santa Claus in "Babes in Toyland" at the Children's Theatre downtown.  Noah and I decided to make it a date.  So  we went to the Matinee with Nik and Lena.  It was a really cute play.  Full of lots of colors and fun for the kids.  Noah laughed and got upset at the bad guys and said he loved it.  He kept asking when we would see Santa Claus.  We had talked about it all day. 
So he was jumping with excitement when we were able to stand in line to sit on his lap again.
It was a perfect Santa moment.
When "Santa" saw  my son,  he exclaimed "Noah, come sit on my lap".  They talked about what he liked "Star Wars, guns etc.  When Noah came back to me afterwards,  he said "MOm,  he knew my name and what I wanted."  I exclaimed "Well, of course,  he is Santa Claus".  I could tell that got Noah thinking 
We waited until all the kids were able to sit on Santa's lap.  Then I took my turn.  This is the Santa I sat on since I was a kid.  I have pictures dating from the late 70's on this Santa.  As a kid I use to think I was really special for My dad was a special Santa helper since he could not be everywhere.  He could talk to Santa and let him know what was going on.  I knew the secret that my dad was the one under the Santa suit and he told the real Santa about all the little kids.   My brother Nik took his turn also.  It was really fun.  You did  a fabulous job, Daddy.  

4 comments:

Nik English said...

Santa knew my name too!!! It was awesome!!

Diana said...

That is so fun.

Carrie said...

So fun! No many perfect Santa moments out there. Awesome.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Santa's known your name for your whole life. Imagine that. Was nice to see you there.