Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Night with Annie and Peter

Last night my dear friend Annie and I went to the Peter Breinholt Christmas concert downtown.   We had the best time.  This summer we went to an outdoor festival where I introduced Annie to Peter and when she called and said we should go.  I jumped at the chance.  Usually when we hang out we have Lily, Noah, Jacob and Sofia.  It was really lovely just being us girls.  She has become a very dear friend,  we talk every single day.  She picked me up a bit early.  So we had time to go to Squatters and get wings and salad.  It was so yummy and it was fun to talk and talk.  It is what we do best.  We had great seats up on the balcony right in the middle.  She is fun to go to concerts with, for she wears her emotions on her sleeve.   It was a lovely evening.

I realized last night how much I miss music.  I have neglected this part of myself since college.  As a child I took violin, mandolin and piano lessons.  I took singing lessons in high school and sang in groups through college.  I loved watching the instruments and how their hands flew across the keys or strings.  You could see their love and passion for music as they sang.  My heart was full and I came away with so much more of the Christmas spirit and ready for the week ahead.  Perfect way to bring in the week of Christmas.  Thanks Annie

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time. Girls nights are always the best.