Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sofia-5 months old


I can't believe that Sofia is 5 months old today. The last month she seems to have grown by leaps and bounds. She is a baby now instead of just an infant. A lot has happened in her growth and development.
*On May 1st, she belly laughed for her daddy. She has a sweet ticklish spot on her back. She makes you work for her laughs. She does not just laugh because you are talking or being silly. You have to do some serious crazy silliness to get her laughing. *She is so smiley. Smiles instantly at everyone and everything. My favorite is in the morning after she has eaten she will sit and talk, coo and smile for a good 15 minutes. So happy and rested telling me her secrets.
*She grabs onto everything. Noah thinks it is funny when she pulls his hair. She loves hanging out in her walker, playing with toys. Especially her stuffed honey bee and her green rattle. Everything instantly goes into her mouth. When she wakes up she sucks on her blanket for awhile before she starts talking for us to come get her out of her bed. She loves chewing on fingers. And she is slobbery a lot. Teething is here to stay.
* She rocks back and forth. Tries to launch herself into the fray of events.
* She loves it when we read to her. Favorite books are Goodnight Moon, Someday and Clifford's Family
* She is a very social creature. And happiest when we are moving about and out with lots of new things to see.
* She rolled over for the first time on May 14th. And today she seems to have mastered it this morning rolling over and over about 5 times in a row.
* She wants to be sitting up so badly. So that she can see everything all the time.
*Her personality is shining through right now. She is a joyful, mellow, mischief, beautiful, fighting and just the most perfect girl ever.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't believe she's 5 months old! She is so beautiful and sounds like the perfect girl! Can't wait to see her in a few weeks!

Nik English said...

I love that sofie baby!!

Mimi said...

She was so cute tonight! I love that girl. She has the cutest smile. I love that she smiles when she see me

WonderKitty said...

That baby is adorable! I love that she is so cuddly and talkative. She has the most addictive smile. You will have your hands full when she is older!

Alicia said...

Wow...5 months old!! I can't believe it either. She is so beautiful and sweet. You and Kersten are doing such a great job! (Noah too!)

The Justice Family said...

I just posted Luke's 5 month and had to see if you had posted
Sophia's yet. She is such a cutie! That is funny May 1st Luke belly laughed for the first time too. We have to work really hard at getting him to laugh also. Where did the 5 months go?

Diana said...

What a beautiful picture of Sofia.
5 months is a great age. Their little personalities seem to come through so strongly.

AubGoofy said...

Sofia's bright and shining face. Just makes me happy when I am with her. She has such a wonderful spirit.