Friday, May 09, 2008

Random Thoughts on Motherhood



***
All I ever wanted to be when I grew up
was a mommy.
***
In my father's journal
There is a story about me
When I was 4, just like Noah is now
I was wearing an apron, beads. a purse and high heels
holding my favorite doll
and singing Jingle Bells in the middle of the summer.
My parents asked what I was doing
I was taking my baby to church.
***
I love this story
I still take my babies to church
Now I just need a beautiful apron
Instead of a serviceable one.
***
I feared my dream would not come true.
Many people told me not to hope
The Lord told me otherwise
I knew that I would be a mother
***
The first moment I laid eyes on both my children 
was the most beautiful most memorable of my life. 
How lucky I am to be their mother specifically
***
I am living my dream life right now
***
Both of my children
have a great purpose on this earth.
Their spirits sing out to do great things
***
What a huge blessing and great responsibility 
the Lord has given me
***
Thanks for the loan, I will do my best
to teach and love them
all that they need

5 comments:

The Justice Family said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have had most of the same ones. All I have ever wanted was to be a Mom too. I felt like my dreams came true when I had Luke. I tried and tried to pick out something to major in and finally picked elementary ed. I never wanted to teach, just my own. I figured that would help me teach my own. It is the very hardest job I have ever had, but the very best to. I also feel so blessed. I feel such gratitude and responsiblity to our Father in Heaven. I love your blog because you are so open.

Erin said...

Very sweet! I'm so happy for you that you have two beautiful children.

Mimi said...

I love those kids. Lou it made me cry when I read that but I am very emotional today. Dont know why but I am

Kristi said...

What a beautiful post. I love how you expressed your thoughts.

simplesmiles said...

That was so awesome. what great thoughts. YOu are such a great mom to your children. they are lucky to have you.