Where did you meet your husband?
Kersten and I met just before my Junior year and his Senior Year of High School at a football game. We flirted outrageously in the halls at school and dated each others best friends. My mom would always say to me "Why don't you date Kersten, he is the cute one. And he is German."
What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I don't really remember at all. I do remember thinking that Matt's best friend was really cute.
Where was the first date? First kiss?
For our first date, Kersten called and asked me to go with him to the Opera. It was January and I was suppose to go to the Utah Symphony with my friend Megan and my mom. I ended up going with Kersten and my mom and Megan went to the Symphony. Looking back that is totally rude. He had student tickets from one of his classes. We doubled with his friend Matt and his girlfriend. We went to ice cream afterwards
For our first kiss, It was after priesthood meeting n Oct 1,1994. He picked me up afterwards and we went and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins. We then went to Tanner Park and walked around and sat and talked on what we now call the "Rock of Love". Afterwards we went to his parents house and laid on the grass and talked on the lawn. I was wearing his blue hooded sweatshirt to keep me warm We then climbed on the roof to his bedroom and snuggled and looked at the stars. after our long conversation about our relationship (he was leaving on his mission soon). He kissed me around 11:36 pm. It was pure bliss. One of the reason I married him in the first place is that he is an amazing kisser.
Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
We were engaged for 5 months which was to long and just the right amount of time.
Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged on December 18, 1997 while looking at the lights at Christmastime at Temple Square. I blogged about the entire story in my Dec 18 2006 if you click on the title you can link to this post and read the whole story
Where did you get married?In the Salt Lake LDS Temple on a beautiful dewy morning at 8:20 am. It was so beautiful. I remember seeing him before we went into the sealing room, with so much anticipation and love I felt as if I would burst. It rained that day any event that we were inside but when we were outside taking picture it was beautiful with the sun peaking behind the clouds and the wind blowing my veil around my face. We rode a carriage from the temple to our wedding breakfast. There was a group of school kids walking on a field trip. When they saw us they started cheering and a little boy yelled "You finally did it". He does not know how true that really was.
How did the reception go?
My reception was a dream. It was perfect. My colors were yellow and white with daisies and yellow roses everywhere. It was so fresh and happy. It took place at Carmelle, my Grandma Shep's reception center. We ate lace cookie cups with vanilla ice cream and strawberries on top. My centerpieces were tall cylinder vases with lemons inside and floating candles. My cake was so beautiful but did not taste good. The frosting was delectable but the cake was yuck. Only one thing was not perfect and I am slowly getting past it. The bridesmaid were in yellow with daisy flower crowns. I really would not change anything about my wedding except I would have the dresses be more formal to the floor for my bridesmaids. Oh, it is making me so happy to think about this. I am pulling out the scrapbooks now.
How was the honeymoon?
I will spare you the details but it was fabulous.
7 comments:
I have no doubt that you and Kersten could thoroughly enjoy your honeymoon. Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding day like it was yesterday, and I'm so glad I got to be there for the ceremony. You two are the best!
Cabin of Love for the Honeymoon!!
Happy Anniversary Lou and Ten! I am so happy that you have made it 10 years! That is such an accomplishment. And you have two beautiful kids to show for it. What a lucky woman. I wish I could have such great memories of my wedding reception.
Happy Anniversary. You both are such a cute couple!
Happy Anniversary cutie! You were the most beautiful, loving couple in the universe!
Congrats to you two! The next 10 years will be even better!
Happy Anniversary!! Way to go 10 years. I know you will make it 10 more without a blink.
I Loved your Wedding! Your pictures are still the best and I dont know if anyone could beat them
Post a Comment