
Mother's Day was Wonderful. I have 2 of the most amazing men.
Kersten has planned a Mother's day surprise for over a week now. He has a hard time keeping secrets from me. So he wrote everything down in a letter and sealed it in an envelope and told me not to open it until May 10. That way it was not his fault if he ruined the surprise. It was mine if I opened the letter. I think he enjoyed torturing me a bit. The only clue I had was to look hip and cute that day Thursday dawned a beautiful hot day and my husband came home a bit after noon and sent me off for a pampering day. He set up an appointment for a pedicure and manicure at a salon. When I first walked into the salon I thought Kersten had sent me on some Vietnamese adventure. No one spoke English. They just yelled Vietnamese to each other. Then a man around my age took me aside and started working on my hands. I got a bit more comfortable as he started talking to me. They had a huge screen tv on one of their walls that he told me was Vietnamese American Idol. It was actually quite interesting. It was complete heaven to be pampered. The guy turned out to be a master. My nails and feet look fantastic. I found a picture of kinda what my nails look like (similar color etc. I didn't get a picture taken before one got chipped). It was really fun. I was told I could not come home until about 5 so I had a couple of hours to do whatever. It was weird I did not have any errands or anything to do. So I went and browsed in some craft stores and some scrapbooking stores. That evening Kersten had a babysitter for Noah and we went to dinner with some friends, Kiel, Kristi and Anthony,Sheryl. We ate at the Mandarin in Bountiful. I have only been there a couple times long ago. It was mighty delicious and so fun to be out. After we met up for custard at Nielson's. When we picked up Noah he was tired but not wanting to come home. He had to much fun and of course was spoiled by his Aunt Virginia.

On Friday, My mom and Grandma invited all the girls to go to an exhibit at The LDS Church Museum that opened that night called "Something Extraordinary". It was an exhibit about Relief Society and some of the things and projects they had done throughout the years. It was fun they had a chair my great aunt Virginia Cutler brought back from Ghana on one of her many trips. It was my Grandma's Sister. My mom remembers sitting on the KIng's chair in her aunts house. They had some amazing stories and dresses on display. I am really glad I went. It was fun to be with the girls from our family.
Saturday we had a BBQ at my sister Emilee's house. We just did a potluck and hung out together. That is a picture of all of us (the girls) together that night, the men were their too but since they can't be mothers, they were excluded from the picture. I feel very spoiled. Kersten said he asked Noah if he wanted to give mom the fun time out or the fun dinner. Noah chose the fun time out, ( I would have too). He said my nails were pretty. Noah also made me a beautiful card in Nursery that he proudly showed me the stickers and colors he chose for the card. I am feeling a bit spoiled and loved. I am grateful for all the fun Kersten planned for me and giving me a bit of free time. I love ya babe
3 comments:
What a fun Mother's Day Weekend! Sounds like you managed to do it all! You're a great mom, Lou, you deserve it.
Glad you girls had fun. Kersten did an awesome job spoiling you. Happy Mother's Day dear.
I look awful in that Picture I wish the lower part of my body would disappear.....Happy Mother Day to the Sister that I look up to alot in how to be a mother!
You are an inspiration to me
Post a Comment