Thursday, September 21, 2006

McDreamy


I was 2 months shy of 13 years old and my Dad decides to take me on a Daddy Daughter Date. We go and see my first PG-13 movie and I wasn't even thirteen yet. I became obsessed with the movie "Can't Buy Me Love". I felt so grown up and cool that I got to see this movie that was a bit illegal for me (although my dad took me, How illegal is that). Think about it, how cool is that White suede outfit that she borrowed from her mom. And Patrick Demsey's mop of curly hair. When I watch that movie now, I see all the bad examples and how not cool things are that they do (that just shows that I am getting old now) but at 13 I was in bliss that I saw that movie. It is something I will never forget, the smell of the theatre, my dad's "whitty" comments about the movie and the feeling that I had finally arrived.

Well, I have a new obsession and ironically enough Patrick is in both. I love Grey's Anatomy. Now showing on Thursday Nights and tonight was the season premiere. I started watching the middle of last season and I am hooked. Ten teases me that it is my soap and I admit it is a bit dramatic but I am sucked in. The characters are so appealing and real. The show is amazingly well written. I love that is makes me feel and involved. I admit that I cried when Denny died last season. And I hope beyond all hope that Meredith and McDreamy(Patrick Demsey) will be able to figure out themselves and what their relationship can be. I was talking to a friend that is a baby doc, who is also addicted. Her reason is that they show the emotions of how doctors really feel about their patients without all the love triangles in the real workld. Well, they did not let me down tonight. I am so excited for Season 3. Who will she pick McVet or McDreamy?

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Alright, so I watched it twice last season & I am so glad they moved it Thursday nights (the only night I ever really watch TV). I don't know which one I want Meredith to choose, however Patrick Demsey is pretty sexy. Happy watching!

Dave S. S. said...

How gay, how utterly utterly gay. Didn't you watch last season when Patrick Demsey confessed his feelings for Larry King? The man you so longingly admire is a homoerectus.

Dave S. S. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.