
At night when saying Noah's personal prayers we ask him to tell us what he wants to thank Heavenly Father for. The first night he of course said "Scoop" and "Dump", his favorite thing of all time his trucks (shown above at Christmas 05). The second night it was his "books" and his "phant" (elephant). We started doing this about a month ago and it has become one of my favorite times of day. He always looks away thoughtfully and even puts his finger to his mouth and says "hmmm". And then lets us know what we should say, as he repeats after us. He even asked the other day for Heavenly Father for Amy's baby to be born. In his baby blessing it states that he has unshakeable faith. And I notice when he really asks you see the results of his faith. It has made me much more thoughtful about my own prayers, instead of just going through the motions. I don't think my prayers were insincere but they had become the same, thanking him and asking him for the same things. It is good to have reminders and examples in your children. I know I write a lot about my son, but he marvels me and teaches me new things about life, the gospel and myself every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment