Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Man Rituals

This morning when Noah woke up his dad was shaving in the bathroom. Usually, Noah is very slow to wake up. But today, he raced into the bathroom to shave with daddy. As Dad was helping him shave, he even made the faces and everything. Afterwards they both put on aftershave together. They then continued on to brush their teeth and put on deoderant. Noah felt so big and proud and even asked me to smell his pits because he smelled so good. And then he laughed and laughed thinking he is so funny.

It made me think a lot about Man Rituals. Noah wants to do anything his Dad does. If Dad is mowing the lawn, he has to be right there (as example from the picture here taken in June). If Dad is moving dirt, playing XBox or reading, Noah will copy every little gesture and grunt. Even if Dad goes to the bathroom he copies all the motions and does it just the same. The ONLY time he wants to use the toilet is if Dad is there to watch and help. In most area Mom just does not cut it whatever Dad is doing is always way more interesting.

I am grateful for a Man , husband and father that is a good example to my son so that the things he learns about how to be a Man will help him become productive, hardworking, hilarious and loving. I love my men and I love watching them do so called Manly things together. It does my heart good.

5 comments:

Dave S. S. said...

I'm going to teach my boy to growl on the toilet and not grunt and when the poop plops out to roar.

Carrie said...

Too cute. I'm glad Noah has a good role model to look up to in Kersten. You guys are the best!

Carrie said...

Hey! I saw you got your links up. Very nice. Love you!

WonderKitty said...

I totally agree Lou! Nik does so many weird things in the mornings...sometimes I wonder about that boy...

Nik English said...

I resent that...but I love you baby! I make manly sounds in the morning.