Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm married to an Old Man


Today is my husband, Kersten's 30th birthday. When we woke up this morning, I gave him a big kiss and teased and asked him how it felt to kiss a much younger woman. He just laughed. I have been calling him today and teasing him that he is so old. Granted I am only three months younger than him. But hey, I have got to milk this for all it is worth. I should be more careful though since my birthday is after his.

Kersten and I started dating when I was seventeen and he had just barely turned eighteen. At that point in life it is hard to imagine yourself at thirty. Where you will be and what your life will be like. I am so grateful that my life has ended up with him and we are getting older together. He is a marvelous husband and father. Life is so much better, richer and happier than I could have dreamed at seventeen.

We are not doing anything that huge or dramatic for his birthday. Noah threw a fit today when Ten ( a nickname given to him by our niece Kristin) left for work. He screamed and cried and yelled "No work, Da, No work." When he arrived at work his team was standing in his cubicle singing Happy Birthday and his desk was decorated with black balloons and crepe paper. Kersten's work also took him to lunch and Noah and I met them up at the Cafe Rio. Tonight we have a babysitter and we might go see a movie. He did get a new Ipod which he has happily been playing with the last couple of days.

Kerst, here is to you and aging, may we grow to be old, wrinkled and hunched over together.

5 comments:

Kersten said...

Hey Babe,

Just you wait until you hit the 'Big 3-0"! I can't wait to tease you about how ancient you are becoming. Don't forget though, that no matter how old you are, you are still hot!

Carrie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kersten! I can't believe you've been around so long! I'm so glad you two ended up together, I never could have imagined what a great team you would make in life!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Kersten!!
welcome to the club of the 30's!
fin fam

Dave S. S. said...

His 30th Birthday also Commemorates the 8th year as a HHC member, Congrats you fat old Bastard.

Dave S. S. said...

Ten I hope you realize what an amazing woman you are. Yeah thats right I've seen you wearing Lou's dresses, and I have pictures to prove it. Can you say Blackmail? Give me a hundred bucks!