
On friday my sister Emilee and I took our kids and niece to the Beehive House in downtown Salt Lake. Over Memorial we went to Brigham Young's winter home in St George and the older kids thought it would be cool to go see his house in Salt Lake. Spencer, Em's son kept talking about how they had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night in a pot. That was his favorite part. Kristin the oldest girl in the picture her favorite part was his daughter Clarissa Wedding room. I think that Noah my son favorite part was wearing his car backpack and the candy they gave at the beginning of the tour. Kara, my sister Audrey's daughter that we kidnapped for the day just loved running around .
We walked over to Temple Square after the tour and between the temple and Joseph Smith Memo
rial Bldg they had about 100 American flags set up on the lawn. We had to take pictures. When we set them free from picture taking Noah and Kara ran into the flags and started to play. Oh it was so joyful to see them run and jump and lay on the grass inside the flags. Noah still keeps talking about the Flags. It was so beautifulto see all the flags waving as the children ran through them. Looking up with laughter and joy in their eyes. We had to pry them away to go have lunch.
It made me feel such gratitude for our country. I feel blessed to live here where I have so many freedoms. I know that I take them for granted. I love our country. I sing to Noah about it everyday without realizing it. When we put on his pants I sing "Stand Up For America". It also made me think that I need to take time to run through the flags. To have more moments of simple pleasures and take more time to be grateful instead of just trudging through each day.
3 comments:
Too cute! You always have a way of making me stop and think about something that I usually gloss over. You're the best!
I like the look of Noah's face on the first pic, He looks ready to kick some butt, I would expect nothing less from my Godson.
Who's the Handicap kid holding Noah's arm with one hand and his nutsack in the other, all the while posing like Tony Danza trying out for Queer eye for the Gay guy?
Post a Comment