Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Painting Sofia's Kitchen

Before
 Last weekend Dad went backpacking, so Sofia and I decided to do something fun.
We painted her kitchen.  This kitchen used to be mine when I was a girl.
As you can see it needed a little tender love.
Sofia had to help so I put one of my paint shirts on her.
And we began.
I love painting furniture.
I love the evolution of it all.
As something old looks fresh and new.  



After
I painted it a retro blue color.  
I matched the color of the paper that I made her light switch and the letter I in her name.
I LOVE how it turned out.
Originally I was going to get some red and pink flower handles from Hobby Lobby.
And I still might get them.  I had these knobs hangin around so I used them

Sofia loves her new kitchen. 
That is blue, the "color of moonlight" just like Cinderellas dress.
I am very happy with how it turned out.
I was nervous how it would look on her bright pink walls
I think it turned out fantastic.
I bought 3 cans of paint at Home Depo 
and all of them were different shades of blue for different parts of my house
Hmm,  I see a theme right now.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

It looks fabulous, I love it!

emily said...

that is SO cute, and so is Sofia!

Kersten said...

The kitchen is stunning. It doesn't get much better than having a kitchen the color of Cinderella's dress! This past weekend was a true display of teamwork and craftsmanship that results from my tough-awesome girls working together.

Alicia said...

You are so talented!!! Love you my Lou.