Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Sofia's First Day of Preschool Ever

 Sofia was so excited for her first day of Preschool.
Her energy was palpable as we got ready for school
It was actual torture to wait until it was time to go
since it is an hour after Noah leaves.
 I had to make up things we needed to do, Just on the first day of school.
Like take pictures by every plant in the front yard.
Paint our fingernails glittery,
Put lip gloss on,  Sing the ABC song, 
Even after we finally got in the car I took the long way to school
Luckily we could call Aunt Ginny and Daddy before school
 We finally arrived.  
And Teacher Pat was so so excited that Sofia was there.
There was no nervousness. 
Just happiness.
 When I was little my preschool was in a basement too.
My mom took a picture of me by the door down the stairwell.
So of course I had to also.  
She remembered where to put her backpack
and went right to the rug where her name was. 
 Here the kids are lined up after school to wait for their parents to get them.
Sometimes seeing pictures of her with other kids just reminds me how tall she is.
Sofia said her favorite thing about school was the sandbox. 
I thought that very educational.  
Here she is with two of her best friends from our neighborhood
Mika, Molly and Sofia
After we went to McDonalds and played.
She then told me that she also liked the songs at school
It was an awesome first day of school.

1 comment:

Kersten said...

I am happy that my brave girl takes joy out of preschool. She is very smart and friendly. She will have a great year. Way to go my Sofia!