 |
| Noah, a 2nd Grader |
 |
Sofia posing with her 2nd grade brother
|
Today was the first day of School, it feels random that it started on a tuesday. I was grateful for that extra monday with my boy at home. Last night while I was tuckin Noah into bed, I told him that I would miss having him home all day. And that I thought we needed a secret signal that no one else would know. It would mean that "I love you, I need a hug and I am thinkin about you." He jumped at the idea and came up with the signal right away. He woke up showing me that sign. I kept exclaiming how I just could not believe that I had a 2nd grader. Because 2nd grade was a really fun year for me.
On the way to school he asked me if it is okay to marry friends. (lately at our house we have had to explain to Sofia that you cannot marry your brother when you grow up). I said that you for sure can, and that daddy and I were friends way before he held my hand or kissed me. He piped up with "oh, good then I can marry Bailey". That made me laugh
YOu could tell he was nervous, excited and a little scared. He has a couple of friends in his class he was pretty excited about. His favorite friend Thomas was not in his class, he said that he could at least play with him at recess.
 |
| Walking into his classroom |
Everyone got "Cool" sunglasses to wear on the first day, so here he is walking into class. He gave me the secret signal. Also he kissed my hand from the kissing hand (they read that in kindergarten) and I got a big hug and a kiss. I will take all the love that I can while I can get it.
 |
| Noah with his teacher Miss Allen |
After school, I asked him how his day went. He said really good. He showed me his desk and he is right by the chalkboard at table 1. As we walked I asked if he liked his teacher and he said "oh, Yes, she is like a
World of Happiness. She calls us all friends and is so so happy to be teaching. Just so happy. So I say it was a successful first day. He was NOT so happy about having to do a bit of homework tonight though.
2 comments:
Ugh, homework. I'm so glad he had such a great first day of school. That Noah - he could steal any girls heart.
I am glad that his teacher is like a "world of happiness". My 2nd grade teacher was like a world of disenchantment and depression. I am proud of my boy for weathering the change to 2nd grade well. He's a tough kid!
Post a Comment