Before Kersten and I got married and we talked about our hopes, dreams and desires, I told him that some day I really wanted a library in my house. When I moved all my boxes of just books into our tiny apartment, he commented that he knew I wanted a library but what he did not realize was that I wanted one right now.
Now my dream is coming a bit more real. We got book shelves to cover an entire wall in our front room. It may not be all walls covered in books but it is so much closer. Every time I walk into my house my heart fills a bit more with joy. Seeing all those books. My kids beg me to read to them all day. I have seen them reading more than asking to watch tv. Oh, I just love it
5 comments:
I love it! Books are one of the best gifts in life and you definitely had an influence in getting me to be a reader. It looks awesome! Yay for books!
I love your books!! And I love the boxes they were in! I don't have that many books, but now I have something to aspire too.
how fantastic - we have the same dream at our house and have the bookshelves ready to be assembled - they won't look as impressive as yours, sadly. don't you just love professor henry higgins' library in MY FAIR LADY?!
We have much the same thing in our front room, only some of ours have to have doors to keep little fingers away from special books. We love books! I've lately been on a kick of finding books from my childhood at thrift stores. Love it!
Love it!!!
Post a Comment