Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Our Trip to Washington

Seattle
Highlights
Here we are at the top of the Space Needle
Sci fi museum- which was super cool
I mean look at this Storm Trooper
 R2D2
The Supremes Clothes Exhibit
at The Music Experience
They were tiny women.  Beautiful Clothes
Sofia's favorite part of any of the museums.
Trampoline Fun
 Noah really wanted to see the Ocean.
and he says this day was his favorite part
Other than playing with his new friends
Sofia's First time at the Ocean
 Kersten saw his cousin Mason.
We spent the day with him at the beach/park.
Went on a double date with Care and Lincoln.
We saw Inception.   So amazing everyone should see it.
AND went to dinner at Iver's.
We celebrated Kersten's birthday that night.
This was my favorite part of the trip.
Isn't my best friend so beautiful?
Our Hosts for the trip.
They really made us feel welcome.  
It was a bit of paradise
Kersten had steak and Crab legs for his bday dinner.  I love the bib
On Kersten's actual birthday we went to Pike's Market.
We started out with Carrie making us yummy waffles.
I love the energy and all the venders.
Noah loved seeing a big salmon.
Kersten's childhood fantasy comes true.
and some of my more recent fantasies come true.
We had about 5 random people comment on how cute that little
girl with her curly hair was on her daddy's back.
We played a lot of Wi
the boys got along so well,  it seems so meant to be.
My sweet husband watched the kids for us so that Carrie 
and I could go shopping and go to lunch.
It is like coming home being with my friend.
I just don't know what I would do without her.
Can you stand this baby?
I mean this Maggie just has me smitten.
and my entire fam as well.
she is a frequent topic at our house now.
Oh,  I just want to squeeze her again.  
All the kids in one place.  
We really did just have so so much fun.  
It was just fabulous.
Thanks again for housing our little brood.



6 comments:

Carrie said...

We so loved having you guys here. The house seemed so empty after you all left. Our date night with you guys was one of the best one's we've had in a long time and the day out with you was awesome - Kersten was a brave soul with all those young 'uns and a vomiting Maggie. We love you guys! Thanks for making the trip!

emily said...

I am so jealous! (except about the storm-trooper part, no offense). You look like you had so much fun! Someday the 3 of us will get together and eat lunch and shop and that kind of thing, right?

So, what kind of contraption is Sofia in exactly? I'm thinking I need one for Will...

WonderKitty said...

I am so glad that you had a good time! I love the photos!

Carrie said...

Matthew loves that picture of Maggie, he just had me print it out so he could hang it up in his room. Love it!

Sonja said...

Yay! Seattle! Fun pictures! I'm so glad you had a good time.

Trenholms said...

Looks like you had a blast. There is nothing better than the company of great friends, right? And Sofia's haircut looks really cute. And Noah is all grown up. We have full day Kindergarten here (it's 7 hours), so Jaimason knows what it's like to eat lunch at school and have a desk with your name on it. However, Texas school is insanely rigorous and Jaimason has no clue what it's like to have 3 or even 2 recesses. Just one. And it's only 20 minutes. It makes me sad...too much expectation too young. But how fun for Noah!