Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Feel like Grown Ups...

In my dreams I have a beautiful bed 
with a head and footboard and in rich black antiqued to look old.
In reality I just had a mattress and a box spring.
In our house our bedroom is really not that big.
A bed like in my dreams would close in the room and make it very small.
So I have been dreaming up what would work for over a year now.
I think I have it figured out.
And the headboard I was thinking of was half off
so I bought it
and it makes me, oh so very happy. 
(My camera has been taking fuzzy pics lately,  it is making me worry)
Kerst was a little reluctant at first.
Now he says he feels like an official grown up with a headboard on our bed.
He even said he should just trust me when it comes to stuff like this.
I think I need to get that on tape as evidence for later.
I smile every time I walk in my room.
Who knew something so little could make such a difference.
Now I need to paint our nightstands, 
find a new bedspread,  finally switch the lamps over, 
find a painting for over our bed..etc......

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE it! It really does just formalize the room a little, but in a cozy/comfy kinda' way. Can't wait to hear what bedspread you get!

WonderKitty said...

I love your head board. I have wanted something similar for a while too. But I think we both know its not happening til we get a house. And then it will probably be low on the list. You're a lucky, lucky woman.

AubGoofy said...

Love the Headboard. Yes you are so grown up.