Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Treat?

At the grocery store today in the produce section
I picked out some onions
Got some grapes
and moved onto vegetables

I said to the kids,
"Should we gets some cucumbers as a Treat for dinner?"

And they both broke out into spontaneous cheers of Yes.
Sofia even did a little dance.

Noah pipes in
"Hey, Mom, can we get some celery as a treat?
and we need Raisins."
I want to make Ants on a Log."

And you cannot say No to a request like that.

I received some interesting looks from a couple and another woman in the aisle.
It probably was because if you looked in my cart there were plenty of "Real Treats"
such as Popsicles,  Scooby snacks, marshmellows and assorted candy for Kersten's candy addiction.
Hah,  I love it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

that is awesome. i wish my kids thought of it as a treat to have celery and cucumbers. just shows what an awesome mom you are.

WonderKitty said...

That is awesome! I love cucumbers, and I eat them all the time at work for a treat. I used to love ants on a log, we had them at my day care for snack time. Can't eat peanut butter now though. Bummer.