Tuesday, May 11, 2010

NOT my Body


Drawing by Travik Frantisek Simon (1877-1942)

I was watching Nie Nie's New Life video  for the first time today.  It amazes me what she has accomplished through her faith and trials.  We all go through different trials and challenges through life and we never know who we will bless or help through our own experiences.  The thing that hit me today in this video and other days,other things have hit me,  is when she said

 "I am NOT my body."

 And my mind started racing and speeding through all sorts of different crazy.  How often I have and do feel like all I am is my body.  What limitations it has set on me, my emotions, my abilities and my desires.  And what I go through is not even a quarter of what I know Nie Nie does and others have to also.  I loathe what my body does and what it makes me think about and what I have to be conscience about.  I loathe how I feel judged and misunderstood by my choices and different challenges.  I am reminded every single day how blessed I am for my body to be in the condition that it is in.  I rejoice each day that I get up and play, hug, wrestle, clean and succeed.  My children in an of themselves are miracles.  I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the opportunity to be their mother.  I know I may not be doing all that I should or want to.  I am doing all that I can.  And no one can ask more than that.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Such a good reminder and one I think we all need on different levels. You the best, Lou.

emily said...

OK, I'm gonna have to watch that video. It must be pretty powerful. Cause that's a pretty powerful blog of your own.